Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #71
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
This message is locked.
RobertsD5000 Silver Member Nikonian since 17th May 2010Wed 25-Aug-10 12:41 AM
35 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000"

New York, US

I'm told "by a Canon user" that Nikon is coming out with a Nikon D7000. do any of you guys know about this

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000
MEMcD Moderator
25th Aug 2010
km6xz Moderator
25th Aug 2010
Tony_Jeffree
26th Aug 2010
km6xz Moderator
26th Aug 2010
Tony_Jeffree
26th Aug 2010
RobertsD5000 Silver Member
27th Aug 2010
goz63
27th Aug 2010
                         Reply message RE: D7000 is it D300- or D90+
Wileycoyote1 Silver Member
15th Sep 2010
blw Moderator
15th Sep 2010
Baaker Silver Member
15th Sep 2010
Bob Chadwick Silver Member
15th Sep 2010
kricha6431
16th Sep 2010

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 25-Aug-10 03:07 AM
25013 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Robert,

Nikon is very good at keeping secrets, and anyone that knows for sure has signed a non disclosure agreement and can not say anything.
I am sure Nikon has more bodies in development. What they will be called and when they will be introduced remains to be seen.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Wed 25-Aug-10 04:12 AM
3262 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

St Petersburg, RU

Nikon Rumors web site posted a comment that they had learned from an insider that the new camera replacing the D90 will be called D7000. They have been pretty accurate with their rumors, and pegged the D3100 before its announcement. The specs predicted for the D7000 are pretty impressive if they turn out to be correct. If so, for new buyers it will likely freeze sales of the D300s, which means it will be replaced soon also.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Tony_Jeffree Registered since 13th Oct 2004Thu 26-Aug-10 10:48 AM
2016 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 2

Manchester, GB

>Nikon Rumors web site posted a comment that they had learned
>from an insider that the new camera replacing the D90 will be
>called D7000. They have been pretty accurate with their
>rumors, and pegged the D3100 before its announcement. The
>specs predicted for the D7000 are pretty impressive if they
>turn out to be correct. If so, for new buyers it will likely
>freeze sales of the D300s, which means it will be replaced
>soon also.

...except that historically, the X00 cameras have been upgraded first, followed by the x0 with a slightly lower spec & smaller body than its x00 sibling. So if they perform to past behaviour, expect the D300 replacement first

Regards,
Tony

My Nikonians Gallery

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Thu 26-Aug-10 12:01 PM
3262 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 3

St Petersburg, RU

But that assumed business is usual. The D3100, by that schedule, should not have been updated for another year so there must be some change in thinking about release cycles.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Tony_Jeffree Registered since 13th Oct 2004Thu 26-Aug-10 01:01 PM
2016 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 4

Manchester, GB

>But that assumed business is usual. The D3100, by that
>schedule, should not have been updated for another year so
>there must be some change in thinking about release cycles.

You could be right. I can't help thinking that if the D3000 replacement is weighing in at 14mp then the replacements for the D5000 and D90 may be very interesting indeed.

Regards,
Tony

My Nikonians Gallery

RobertsD5000 Silver Member Nikonian since 17th May 2010Fri 27-Aug-10 01:01 AM
35 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 5

New York, US

this group's name is geting longer
D3100-D3000-D5000-AND SOON THE D7000

goz63 Registered since 09th Jun 2010Fri 27-Aug-10 03:47 AM
105 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: D7000"
In response to Reply # 6

shiloh, US

The D7K will be the replacement for the D90, I think that will go in another forum....

Visit my gallery:

Wileycoyote1 Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Aug 2010Wed 15-Sep-10 11:08 AM
#8. "RE: D7000 is it D300- or D90+"
In response to Reply # 7

Alexandria, US

Based on early comparison info I saw this am, the only downside to the D7k is fewer shooting modes than the D300. While there are other variances, it is a decent camera although a few bells a whistles on board make me wonder. Still-not bad new hardware at first blush.

We will see what the reviewers have to say. One thing that makes little sense if it is a D300 minus is they are selling it with the same lens that sold with the D90? Hmmmmmm...

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Wed 15-Sep-10 12:28 PM
26297 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#9. "RE: D7000 is it D300- or D90+"
In response to Reply # 8
Wed 15-Sep-10 12:29 PM by blw

Richmond, US

I'd guess that the choice of the 18-105 is due to several factors:

- there's no higher-end DX midrange available that doesn't cost considerably more.

- the 16-85 would add at least $200 to the kit price.

- strong demand for the 24-120/f4 (and that would add $700+ to the kit price).

And I'll bet that the D7000 will be available soon if not immediately as body only anyway.

> it is a decent camera

Only "decent"? If it lives up to the specifications, it will blow the doors off the D90 and the D300s. It makes you wonder what is coming next. If the "loss" from the D300s is the shooting modes, it's hardly a loss as very few D300-level users use shooting modes. In exchange there's a shutter with a design life equal to that of the D3s/D3x, and that's something that D300-level users would really use.

In fact, if it weren't for the fact that I have a different camera to replace first, a D7000 could probably even replace my D3. (It won't, because it would replace a D2x instead.)

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

Baaker Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Aug 2009Wed 15-Sep-10 12:40 PM
923 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: D7000 is it D300- or D90+"
In response to Reply # 9

Dumbarton, GB

Today Nikon announces the latest DSLR to join their much-vaunted product line-up, the Nikon D7000. In addition, Nikon has further extended their wider DSLR offering with the introduction of two new lenses, the AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II and AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.4G, as well as both a new battery grip, the MB-D11 and new flash gun, the SB-700. Together, this new range of products continues to expand Nikon’s impressive product range, offering photo enthusiasts even greater flexibility when it comes to capturing unrivalled image results.

The Nikon D7000, offering exceptional image quality, reliability and performance, packed into a durable and portable body, is built around a new EXPEED 2 image processing engine and 16.2 megapixel CMOS image sensor. A 3” LCD sensor with 100% frame coverage, twin SD card slots, Full 1080p Movie Capture and an ISO range of 100 - 6,400, expandable to 25,600, ensure that the Nikon D7000 is the ideal DSLR camera for photographers passionate about capturing superb images.

Available from the end of October (TBC
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43019448@N04/

Bob Chadwick Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2006Wed 15-Sep-10 01:08 PM
1976 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: D7000 is it D300- or D90+"
In response to Reply # 9

Norcross, US

>And I'll bet that the D7000 will be available soon if not
>immediately as body only anyway.

Amazon already has a pre-order link for body only for $1,199.95.

Visit
My Nikonians Gallery
NorcrossPics.Com

kricha6431 Registered since 15th Aug 2010Thu 16-Sep-10 03:53 AM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: D7000 is it D300- or D90+"
In response to Reply # 11

US

BHphotovideo also has it, but not for pre order

Photography: you either have it in you to handle the demands Phography presents you everday or get out

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #71 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.