Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #664
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon D800 in Nikon Rumors-Check it out" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
This message is locked.
FutureLook Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Dec 2003Tue 05-Oct-10 10:43 PM
480 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon D800 in Nikon Rumors-Check it out"

Miami, US

I just checked the Nikon Rumors site and the rumors have just started as a result of a yet to be published book in Amazon, France. According to the site, it will be a 24mp perhaps in February 2011? This is mind boggling. They haven't even released the D7000 and now the rumors started with the D700 replacement. I wonder how much will this affect the D7000 by people holding a little longer for the D800. I would like to hear your opinion.

Visit my website: http://www.futurelookphotography.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D800 in Nikon Rumors-Check it out
Phil L
05th Oct 2010
MstrBones Silver Member
05th Oct 2010
PI_is_314
05th Oct 2010
JPJ Silver Member
06th Oct 2010
Tony_Jeffree
06th Oct 2010
briantilley Moderator
06th Oct 2010

Phil L Registered since 04th Oct 2010Tue 05-Oct-10 10:51 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon D800 in Nikon Rumors-Check it out"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 05-Oct-10 10:55 PM by Phil L

Huntington Beach, US

I just saw it right now too!!! If d800 will have 24mp what will d4 have?! I reordered the d7000 but though d800 will be new and soon, it's still out of my price range and don't really need or care about the fx yet but I know for people that want to upgrade they will jump on this

MstrBones Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Dec 2005Tue 05-Oct-10 11:37 PM
8238 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon D800 in Nikon Rumors-Check it out"
In response to Reply # 0

AW

The D7000 and D700 replacement are in two different classes and price ranges. So the question really is, what are YOU looking for?

""

PI_is_314 Registered since 04th Sep 2007Tue 05-Oct-10 11:41 PM
37 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon D800 in Nikon Rumors-Check it out"
In response to Reply # 0

Oshkosh, US

I don't think it will affect me. First, I'm sure I won't be able to afford it. Secondly, I already sat out on the D90 and D300... so I think a D7000 will fit the bill quite nicely. And, if I keep putting it off and putting it off, then I'll never jump from my point and shoot to a DSLR.

Mark

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009Wed 06-Oct-10 02:02 AM
1327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon D800 in Nikon Rumors-Check it out"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

People who are buying the D7000 over the D700 are not likely to wait for the D800.

First, it is two different price points. Second we are talking about DX vs. FX. Finally, if you wanted full frame with great ISO performance and great AF you would just buy the D700 now.

Jason

Tony_Jeffree Registered since 13th Oct 2004Wed 06-Oct-10 08:23 AM
2016 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon D800 in Nikon Rumors-Check it out"
In response to Reply # 0

Manchester, GB

>I just checked the Nikon Rumors site and the rumors have just
>started as a result of a yet to be published book in Amazon,
>France. According to the site, it will be a 24mp perhaps in
>February 2011? This is mind boggling. They haven't even
>released the D7000 and now the rumors started with the D700
>replacement. I wonder how much will this affect the D7000 by
>people holding a little longer for the D800. I would like to
>hear your opinion.

I hate to throw cold water on a great little rumour, but basing a rumour on what Amazon lists as future publications is not a great idea.

I wrote and self-published a book a few years back, and wanted to have an ISBN number assigned to it, so I bought a block of ISBN numbers from the UK registrar and used one of them for the book. The process requires the publisher to notify the ISBN registrar of the details of the book (title, publication date, synopsis, cover price, ...etc), so I did all of that and proceeded to get the cover designed, complete with ISBN barcode, and the book printed. Not many weeks after registering the number, I was amazed to receive an order from Amazon UK for 30 copies of the book well before I had any printed copies available to supply, and well before publication date; I looked on the Amazon website and discovered that the book was already being offered for pre-order, along with the text of the synopsis that I had supplied to the ISBN registrar. As the author, I was also able to submit extra information, photo of front cover, etc. to improve the online listing.

Similarly, a good many years ago now I agreed to write a book for one of the UK publishers, which for various reasons never got written; however, they had assigned an ISBN number to the agreed title, and it got listed on Amazon as available for pre-order. I just checked, and it is still listed on the Amazon site despite the publication date of 1998.

So, the point of all this is that Amazon is plugged into the ISBN number registration system worldwide so that they get early notification of new titles and their subject matter, well ahead of publication date. So if I was wanting to start a rumour about a new camera (or whatever), it would be trivial to buy a block of ISBN numbers (they are pretty cheap, so it makes for a good cost vs amusement ratio) and then notify the registrar of the book title and content. All that is necessary then is to sit back and wait for Amazon (and probably other online booksellers too) to list the title. A well-placed post to a few fora, and hey presto - the rumour is born, and it looks a lot more plausible than the usual stuff based on naff Photoshopped photos of Dxxx bodies made to look like something new.

Regards,
Tony

My Nikonians Gallery

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Wed 06-Oct-10 08:55 AM
28312 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Nikon D800 in Nikon Rumors-Check it out"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

To avoid duplication, further posts may be made in this similar thread in our D700 Forum.

Thanks!

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #664 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.