Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6590
View in linear mode

Subject: "a couple of pics" Previous topic | Next topic
jeff fahey Registered since 14th Feb 2011Sat 05-Mar-11 06:58 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"a couple of pics"
Sat 05-Mar-11 08:39 PM by jeff fahey

GB

had camera a week only managed to snap a few pic with work and bad weather ,they are in my gallery not very exciting .

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Sat 05-Mar-11 09:34 PM
739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: a couple of pics"
In response to Reply # 0

Port Charlotte, US

Hi Jeff,

Just wanted to let you know your first 3 photos are very telling.

- You should probably buy a new watch.
- You need to get that crack in the brick patched before it gets worse.
- Stop living in the past. Update the sign to read "2011-0730".

Obviously kidding. We're looking forward to your future photos and a very hearty congratulations on the D7000. I love mine.

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

jeff fahey Registered since 14th Feb 2011Sun 06-Mar-11 08:11 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: a couple of pics"
In response to Reply # 1

GB

ha ha that gave me a laugh finaly got out today for a couple of hours took a lot of shots .this dslr thing is new comming from a fuji bridge .im using the tamron 17-50 f2.8 a bit soft at 17mm f2.8 but better in the mid to end range stopped up.i had it on spot center focus after checking pics tonight i found that if taqrget is not right in center it can focus just past .my fault might need to change focus settings or take more time with my shots.any advice would be great im new to this level of photography.its a step learing curve with a very complex camera

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Sun 06-Mar-11 10:43 PM
739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: a couple of pics"
In response to Reply # 2

Port Charlotte, US

Glad you enjoyed my attempt at humor. I'm temporarily jealous of your Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8. Right now I'm shooting with the Nikon 18-55mm VR. It's not bad, but looking forward to upgrading in the near future.

A few personal observations of the D7000.
- the D7000 is very motion sensitive and requires good shooting skills.
- the auto-focus options are very flexible. I mostly use spot focus for more contol and always have to be conscious of where the focus is, otherwise what I want to be in focus won't be. Learning about the various auto-focus options and when to use them will help a lot.

- You can leave white balance and IOS in automatic for now and they'll do a decent job in a wide range of environments. You can set the maximum and minimum IOS limits, however, and might want to set those at 100 to 3200 or so.

Maybe some of the others can add their tips.

It's a great camera, you have a great lens. Enjoy.

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6590 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.