Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6572
View in linear mode

Subject: "Any optional remotes for the D7000 aside from the ML-L3..." Previous topic | Next topic
blu62vette Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Sep 2007Sat 05-Mar-11 03:38 PM
100 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Any optional remotes for the D7000 aside from the ML-L3?"

US

Just moved from the D200 to the D7000.

I do mainly closeup work and lover the remote via the 10 pin on the D200. It just works better with my work flow to have camera control pro running the camera and then I use the remote, partially because I need to mirror lock up feature.

On the D7000 it does not look like I can have the computer running the camera (disabled controls on the camera) and use the remote . Is there a remote that would let me do this? I am guessing no since I don't see a connector for a wired remote but thought I would ask.

Thanks

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Any optional remotes for the D7000 aside from the M...
jmiguez Silver Member
05th Mar 2011
TakeTwo Silver Member
05th Mar 2011
jmiguez Silver Member
05th Mar 2011
TakeTwo Silver Member
06th Mar 2011
TakeTwo Silver Member
05th Mar 2011

jmiguez Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2010Sat 05-Mar-11 09:57 PM
438 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Any optional remotes for the D7000 aside from the ML-L3?"
In response to Reply # 0

Lafayette, US

The Nikon MC-DC2 Remote is a wired remote that plugs into the mini USB slot. It is about $25-30. Would that work?

John

My Pictures may be seen here: http://jmiguez.smugmug.com/

TakeTwo Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jul 2009Sat 05-Mar-11 11:38 PM
214 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Any optional remotes for the D7000 aside from the ML-L3?"
In response to Reply # 1

South Lake Tahoe, US

John I don't know if that would work or not. That plug is used for the Camera Control Pro 2.

jmiguez Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2010Sat 05-Mar-11 11:48 PM
438 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Any optional remotes for the D7000 aside from the ML-L3?"
In response to Reply # 3

Lafayette, US

Oh, Hummmm,so you need the USB for the computer. I wonder if a USB hub would work?

John

My Pictures may be seen here: http://jmiguez.smugmug.com/

TakeTwo Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jul 2009Sun 06-Mar-11 12:53 AM
214 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Any optional remotes for the D7000 aside from the ML-L3?"
In response to Reply # 4

South Lake Tahoe, US

>Oh, Hummmm,so you need the USB for the computer. I wonder if
>a USB hub would work?

My thats a good question. Anybody know the answer to that. I was unaware that they made a remote with a mini usb plug.

TakeTwo Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jul 2009Sat 05-Mar-11 11:05 PM
#2. "RE: Any optional remotes for the D7000 aside from the ML-L3?"
In response to Reply # 0

South Lake Tahoe, US

Where the GPS plug is. That's where I put my timer remote and wireless remote. Yet like you said while hooked up the camera control pro 2 in live view the remote does not work. I think this may sounds stupid to some, but what about a wireless mouse. I hovered the cursor over the shoot tab on the monitor screen and lifted the mouse off the table and walked in front of the camera and was able to take the picture with just the click of the left mouse button. It works from 25 feet away very nicely. Does any body else have a work around. It sounds like camera control pro 2 needs an update. My wireless remote works as advertised while using Nikon's camera control pro 2 while not in live view. Don

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6572 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.