Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6419
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 purchase with lens rebate/discount at Amazon" Previous topic | Next topic
focus16 Registered since 26th Mar 2004Tue 01-Mar-11 10:38 PM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 purchase with lens rebate/discount at Amazon"

West Bloomfield, US

Hi: i purchased a D7000 body at amazon on Feb 19th and subsequently came to know that I could be eligible for discounts/rebates on Nikon lenses at various vendors. When I called amazon I was told there are no such programs currently extent. I still have time to return my D7000 if I can re-purchase same with a lens (with discount) from another vendor such as B&h. Can someone assist me with information on this matter? Much appreciated.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 purchase with lens rebate/discount at Amazon
gqtuazon Silver Member
02nd Mar 2011
focus16
02nd Mar 2011
RRRoger Silver Member
02nd Mar 2011
marty_sp Silver Member
02nd Mar 2011
callaloomix
02nd Mar 2011
focus16
02nd Mar 2011

gqtuazon Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2009Wed 02-Mar-11 12:29 AM
640 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 purchase with lens rebate/discount at Amazon"
In response to Reply # 0

FPO, US

B and H does offers the discounted camera and lens combo depending on the lens that they have on the list. You'll probably end up returning your camera to Amazon and get the combo from B and H photo. The offer ends on March 26,2011.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=nikon+d7000+body&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

Regards,

Glenn
http://gqtuazonphotography.smugmug.com/

focus16 Registered since 26th Mar 2004Wed 02-Mar-11 01:52 AM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 purchase with lens rebate/discount at Amazon"
In response to Reply # 1

West Bloomfield, US

Thanks.

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberWed 02-Mar-11 03:49 AM
3139 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 purchase with lens rebate/discount at Amazon"
In response to Reply # 2

Monterey Bay, US

Sounds like Amazon does not know what they are doing.
Nikon is paying the rebate not them, and it is instant.
They can only gain by selling you the lens.

My local camera store had to contact the Western US distributor first, but was able to give me the rebates on three lens a month after I purchased my D7000.

marty_sp Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Dec 2008Wed 02-Mar-11 01:49 PM
23 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7000 purchase with lens rebate/discount at Amazon"
In response to Reply # 0

Westfield, US

Rebates have been extended thru 3/26, and as pointed out above they are instant and thru Nikon so are available at all authorized dealers.

http://nikonrumors.com/2011/02/28/nikon-d7000-eligible-for-the-extended-us-instant-rebates-now-till-march-26th.aspx

Marty

callaloomix Registered since 12th Jun 2008Wed 02-Mar-11 09:27 PM
133 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7000 purchase with lens rebate/discount at Amazon"
In response to Reply # 4

US

I purchased mines about 2 weeks ago from amazon with 24-120 f4 for an instant $300 rebate so the person on amazon must not know what their talking about.

focus16 Registered since 26th Mar 2004Wed 02-Mar-11 10:04 PM
#6. "RE: D7000 purchase with lens rebate/discount at Amazon"
In response to Reply # 5

West Bloomfield, US

I purchased 2 weeks ago too but only the D7000 body and wanted to get the lens rebate post-facto. Technically Amazon is quite correct refusing to accommodate me. I therefore will just return the body (within 30 days) and go to B&H and get both body+lens for the same discount deal you got. It's not anybody's fault except mine for not knowing I could get a nice body+lens deal at the time of purchase.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6419 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.