Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6336
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 battery endurance..." Previous topic | Next topic
billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Mon 28-Feb-11 03:44 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 battery endurance..."

US

Just back from a 5-day skiing trip to Canada. Using my D7000 and MB-D11, left home at 100% capacity, shot a total of 276 images... some walking outdoors at 4 and 5 degrees Fahrenheit, most were long exposure HDR's. Using my screen to check shots and menu settings.

I've set my power setup for the battery in the grip to be used first. So after this trip, the in-camera battery is as it was when I left home, and the battery in the grip is still at 73% left in the charge.

I didn't even bring my charger with me (something I could never have gotten away with using my D200/MB-D200).

Simply amazing battery capacity.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 battery endurance...
luckyphoto Silver Member
28th Feb 2011
HayMower Silver Member
01st Mar 2011
Floridian Silver Member
28th Feb 2011
luckyphoto Silver Member
01st Mar 2011
HayMower Silver Member
02nd Mar 2011
RRRoger Silver Member
02nd Mar 2011
SnapSnapSnap
02nd Mar 2011
DsrtVW Gold Member
03rd Mar 2011

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Mon 28-Feb-11 09:22 PM
743 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 battery endurance..."
In response to Reply # 0

Port Charlotte, US

Even without a MB-D11 I've done two separate 6-hour, 400+ photo shoots with using the D7000 with CMDR flash, on-camera flash and no flash. At the end of the day the battery still said a little less than 50% available.

I'm thinking 900 photos per battery with no problem. Awesome battery. Now I always carry a charged spare and feel a whole day's shooting is no problem.

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

HayMower Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2008Tue 01-Mar-11 02:51 PM
189 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 battery endurance..."
In response to Reply # 1

US

>Even without a MB-D11 I've done two separate 6-hour, 400+
>photo shoots with using the D7000 with CMDR flash, on-camera
>flash and no flash. At the end of the day the battery still
>said a little less than 50% available.
>
>I'm thinking 900 photos per battery with no problem. Awesome
>battery. Now I always carry a charged spare and feel a whole
>day's shooting is no problem.
>
>
Check this thread for a different experience:
http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=329&topic_id=5623&mesg_id=5623

I need to get out for a day and shoot 400 or 500 pictures and see if the performance improves for me. I've not had great luck yet, but have only taken around 700 photos since November - am ready for a field trip!

Hillbilly Harry - in the Missouri Ozarks.

D7000
D40X
AF-S 10-24
AF-S 18-55 VR
AF-S 55-300 VR
AF-S 50 1.4G
AF-S 35 1.8G
SB400
Nikon closeup attachments 0, 1, 3T, 4T

Floridian Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2007Mon 28-Feb-11 10:03 PM
2710 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 battery endurance..."
In response to Reply # 0

Tallahassee, Florida, US

This is true of many Nikon DSLRs though, not just the D7000. I have both a D50 and a D300, neither with a grip, and have never drained a battery in either camera. I've shot more than 900 shots with both cameras, on one charge, and the battery was still going. Other Nikon DSLRs have that amazing battery capacity too, but the D200 isn't one of them.

Randy

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Tue 01-Mar-11 05:36 PM
743 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7000 battery endurance..."
In response to Reply # 2

Port Charlotte, US

@haymower -

If you experience the same poor results again, have the battery charger checked. The charger may be shutting off prematurely or the battery may be partially defective. No matter what, a second battery would be a good idea provided the charger is OK. Great insurance for $50 while you're on your road trip.

My MH-25 charger failed completely after one charge and I had to send it in for replacement.

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

HayMower Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2008Wed 02-Mar-11 12:47 AM
189 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7000 battery endurance..."
In response to Reply # 4

US

>@haymower -
>
>If you experience the same poor results again, have the
>battery charger checked. The charger may be shutting off
>prematurely or the battery may be partially defective. No
>matter what, a second battery would be a good idea provided
>the charger is OK. Great insurance for $50 while you're on
>your road trip.
>
>My MH-25 charger failed completely after one charge and I had
>to send it in for replacement.
>
Thanks.

I have three batteries - all act the same - all are Nikons. One of the replacements is in the camera now. It dropped from 100% to 98% in three days of no use. After 175 photos tonight, it is at 95%. I'm getting convinced that I don't take enough photos with this camera

Hillbilly Harry - in the Missouri Ozarks.

D7000
D40X
AF-S 10-24
AF-S 18-55 VR
AF-S 55-300 VR
AF-S 50 1.4G
AF-S 35 1.8G
SB400
Nikon closeup attachments 0, 1, 3T, 4T

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberWed 02-Mar-11 01:04 AM
3139 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D7000 battery endurance..."
In response to Reply # 5

Monterey Bay, US

Just got back from the Grand Canyon after 5 days.
I took my spare batteries and charger but never needed them.
I had 50% left on the first battery after 600 fine large JPEGs + 1/2hour of HD Video.

SnapSnapSnap Registered since 08th Nov 2010Wed 02-Mar-11 07:02 PM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: D7000 battery endurance..."
In response to Reply # 6

US

Transferring photos over usb, especially RAW... seems to be the quickest way to drain the D7000. If you forget to unplug it, you'll wake to a dead camera.

DsrtVW Gold Member Nikonian since 16th Dec 2007Thu 03-Mar-11 05:24 AM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: D7000 battery endurance..."
In response to Reply # 7

US

I have three batteries for the D7000 and I can get 800+ shots and some video clips, shooting live view. The battery life for D7000 is a lot better than my D300 almost double.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6336 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.