Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6279
View in linear mode

Subject: "Photoshop CS4 and bridge does not recognize RAW files f..." Previous topic | Next topic
focus16 Registered since 26th Mar 2004Sat 26-Feb-11 09:43 PM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Photoshop CS4 and bridge does not recognize RAW files from D7000"

West Bloomfield, US

HI: I just got my D7000 and took some pictures. But when I tried to view same either with my IMAC (osX 10.5.8) or CS4 I get an error message. Is there something I can do? Thanks for any help

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Photoshop CS4 and bridge does not recognize RAW fil...
gkaiseril Gold Member
26th Feb 2011
rtg
27th Feb 2011
focus16
27th Feb 2011
rtg
27th Feb 2011
focus16
27th Feb 2011

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sat 26-Feb-11 10:07 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Photoshop CS4 and bridge does not recognize RAW files from D7000"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 27-Feb-11 12:58 AM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

Jpeg and Tiff file formats are internationally standardized. RAW files contain sections of data that are filled in according to the manufacturer and are not standardized.

Each camera model RAW file is unique to post processing software, so you need to make sure your software is up to date and can process the RAW images. That would include any special plug ins that are used to process or provide the information for processing RAW images.

See Camera Raw plug-in | Supported cameras for the ACR version need to support your camera.

You may need to update your program to use the needed ACR plug-in.

You can download Adobe's free DNG Converter program to make a copy of you NEF file as a DNG file. Then you can open the created DNG file with Adobe photo editing products. The DNG Format is an Adobe file standard that has been made publicly documented and freely available by Adobe. Follow the link for more information, documentation and links to the latest free converter downloads for Windows and MacIntosh systems. DNG is the closest to an Open RAW format that is available. There are some manufacturers that use this for their camera's RAW format. Adobe Labs has a DNG profile editor, for those who want to adjust the DNG conversion process.

You can open the NEF files with Nikon View NX 2 and Nikon Capture NX 2 and transfer the image to other photo editing programs. Opening the NEF in the Nikon products will produce an an image with the in camera settings used when shooting to be applied to the image before it is transfered to another program. You will also have the chance to modify these settings if so desired.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

rtg Registered since 27th Dec 2010Sun 27-Feb-11 12:00 AM
75 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Photoshop CS4 and bridge does not recognize RAW files from D7000"
In response to Reply # 1
Sun 27-Feb-11 03:59 AM by rtg

US

You need to get CS5. For OSX you need 10.6.6 plus the latest RAW update.

Rob

If you are into boating checkout: www.SilvertonForums.com

focus16 Registered since 26th Mar 2004Sun 27-Feb-11 11:00 AM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Photoshop CS4 and bridge does not recognize RAW files from D7000"
In response to Reply # 1

West Bloomfield, US

Thanks George. I got the DNG converter working and now able to access the raw files. It is a bit slow but OK till I am able to get CS5. I don't know if I can update my IMAC to version 10.6 for free?

rtg Registered since 27th Dec 2010Sun 27-Feb-11 12:20 PM
75 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Photoshop CS4 and bridge does not recognize RAW files from D7000"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Snow Leopard - 10.6 does cost to upgrade. It's $29 for a single system or $49 for the 5 system upgrade(family pak). I believe you can download it from Apple. I got the family pak at Best Buy, same price.

If you are into boating checkout: www.SilvertonForums.com

focus16 Registered since 26th Mar 2004Sun 27-Feb-11 02:37 PM
#5. "RE: Photoshop CS4 and bridge does not recognize RAW files from D7000"
In response to Reply # 4

West Bloomfield, US

Thanks!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6279 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.