Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6239
View in linear mode

Subject: "Image review???" Previous topic | Next topic
Todd Secki Registered since 03rd Feb 2011Fri 25-Feb-11 01:39 PM
47 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Image review???"

US

OK. I undertand shutter, aperture, iso, sharpening, white ballance, d lighting, ect. I even get some good shots...But i cannot figure out how to change the image review time! HELP!
Kill Deer... D7000 300mm f/6.3 1/1600 iso 250 sharpen 6. Why is this not a better image?

http://www.aplacecalledhoperaptors.com/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009Fri 25-Feb-11 01:55 PM
1973 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Image review???"
In response to Reply # 0

US

>But i cannot figure out how to change the image review time! HELP!>

Custom Setting C4 (page 215) allows the setting of display off delay.

>Why is this not a better image?<

More importantly, what don’t you like about this image that makes you ask us what can be done to make it better?

Pete

Pete

Todd Secki Registered since 03rd Feb 2011Tue 01-Mar-11 03:26 AM
47 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Image review???"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Great, got it. Finally, Thanks for the info. It's the simple things in life... On the image I am wondering if this is as good as it gets. I'd like to see it a little clearer, more detail. Thanks again

http://www.aplacecalledhoperaptors.com/

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Tue 01-Mar-11 06:31 AM
4150 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Image review???"
In response to Reply # 2

Seattle, WA, US

For the picture, normally you will need to do some sharpening after changing its size.

If you are looking to do little to no post processing on the pictures, you will probably need to turn up the processing settings in the camera (contrast, sharpening, saturation). However, your best results are normally received by turning down the camera settings and doing them all during post processing on your computer.

---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D200, 17-55mm f/2.8 DX, 70-200mm f/2.8 VR, 50mm f/1.4 D,
18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX, 70-300mm f/4-5.6 ED, D70S

jmiguez Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2010Tue 01-Mar-11 11:26 AM
468 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Image review???"
In response to Reply # 2

Lafayette, US

I don't know how much you have cropped? It could be the best, if is a large crop. A killdeer is a medium to smallish bird. The best shots I have gotten of them have been close and when they were on the ground.

I noticed that you were using an F-stop of 6.3. I have found that it is very hard to get good clean sharp shots of flying birds at 6.3 and below. Most telephoto lens are best at F/8-11. That is where I tend to be with BIF shots. It gives you more DOF and a better chance of getting the little fellow sharply in focus.

You may receive more and better advice by posting the image in the wildlife forum. Many of them have years and years of experience with BIF.

John

My Pictures may be seen here: http://jmiguez.smugmug.com/

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6239 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.