Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6223
View in linear mode

Subject: "Started shooting my D7000, and now I understand!!" Previous topic | Next topic
Chuckv Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Mar 2009Thu 24-Feb-11 10:05 PM
105 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"Started shooting my D7000, and now I understand!!"

Lafayette, US

I kept seeing post about moving up from the D300 and I believed them, but there was that little bit of doubt. Well, I started shooting mine today and all I can say is WOW!!!!! No more regrets about selling my D300!

And I am using the lens off of my D40 that I am selling an AF-S DX 18-200mm 3.5-5.6 G ED.

I can't wait to strap on some my D700 lens on there and see what comes out.

Thanks again to all for the guidance to get me there.

Chuck

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

bepiano Registered since 19th Feb 2011Fri 25-Feb-11 12:07 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Started shooting my D7000, and now I understand!!"
In response to Reply # 0

CA

So how would you compare the IQ to the D700.
I'm a little like you, I have the D90 and D7000 but now I'm itching for the D700. I go back and forth every day.

Marcel

Chuckv Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Mar 2009Sat 26-Feb-11 01:57 AM
105 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: Started shooting my D7000, and now I understand!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Lafayette, US

>So how would you compare the IQ to the D700.
>I'm a little like you, I have the D90 and D7000 but now I'm
>itching for the D700. I go back and forth every day.
>
>Marcel

It’s very hard (in my photo immature way) to compare the D700 to the D7000, but there are some things that I really like in the D7000. The image quality is way up there, and I really like the colors even with my old bang around 18 – 200 lens. I am going to mount my 24-70 2.8 and my 70 – 200 2.8 on there tomorrow, and see what comes out. It’s lighter (of course) than my D700 or my D300, but I still like the feel, and for an all-day carry around camera, it will end up being preferred I am sure. As one of the other members mention, I would really like to try the new 28-300 in place of the 18-200 and see how that works.

I have heard mention that because of the likeness of the feel and functions of the D700/D300 that they would like making the change from the D300 to the D7000. To me it was kind of refreshing to make that switch, and I really like the functions on the D7000.

Well, tomorrow will bring on another set of views, and I am really looking forward to it.

Thanks to all the other members for the input and support!

Chuck

PakWaan Registered since 31st Dec 2004Fri 25-Feb-11 10:55 PM
44 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Started shooting my D7000, and now I understand!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Orlando, US

I'm delighted with mine also, been shooting it for about 2 weeks now. Outstanding camera. I've been shooting quite a bit with my 28-300 at the 300 end - no softness or focusing issues with either, even though reading too much on web forums will convince you that both are going to be a problem.

---------------------------

National Geographic photographers shoot an average of 10,000 to 35,000 photos to get the 15-20 that appear in a feature article. Keep shooting!
National Geographic Photography FAQ

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6223 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.