Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #618
View in linear mode

Subject: "Where would you preorder?" Previous topic | Next topic
radwar Registered since 28th Feb 2009Sun 03-Oct-10 10:54 AM
301 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Where would you preorder?"

Cupertino, US

Is Amazon a bad choice as it is not Camera centric?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Where would you preorder?
MstrBones Silver Member
03rd Oct 2010
WD4MLA Silver Member
03rd Oct 2010
pdekman Gold Member
03rd Oct 2010
FutureLook Silver Member
04th Oct 2010
Sujoy61 Silver Member
04th Oct 2010
Mike Buckley
04th Oct 2010
PROWLER69 Silver Member
04th Oct 2010
OpticalSerenity
04th Oct 2010
Gamecocks Silver Member
05th Oct 2010
Bob Chadwick Silver Member
13th Oct 2010
micaelak
04th Oct 2010
KnightPhoto Gold Member
05th Oct 2010
radwar
05th Oct 2010
HayMower Silver Member
14th Oct 2010
Tropic Lightning
08th Oct 2010
MichaelErlewine
13th Oct 2010
OpticalSerenity
14th Oct 2010

MstrBones Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Dec 2005Sun 03-Oct-10 01:12 PM
8238 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Where would you preorder?"
In response to Reply # 0

AW

I think Amazon is fine but I prefer to order straight from them rather than one of the various resellers that may post camera products there.

I bought my D200 from Amazon during the great "end of life super sale" that happened on that particular camera.

""

WD4MLA Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Sun 03-Oct-10 05:26 PM
898 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Where would you preorder?"
In response to Reply # 0

Sylva, US

I have had excellent results with B&H Photo and Adorama. I have dealt with both for years.

Jerry Jaynes
Great Smoky Mountains
of North Carolina

http://www.flickr.com/photos/by_jerry_jaynes/

pdekman Gold Member Winner in The Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded as a regular contributor who offers in-depth knowledge to members who are interested in building efficient work flows. Nikonian since 17th Nov 2005Sun 03-Oct-10 07:37 PM
1032 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Where would you preorder?"
In response to Reply # 0

Swisher, US

For new/retail items, I try and support my local dealer. I'm on a short list with mine for the D7000 and expect to have it in the first round of cameras.

Unless you act early, preorder lists at the major sites can get quite deep. Hopefully there will be plenty of cameras to go around.

Paul
My Nikonians Gallery

FutureLook Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Dec 2003Mon 04-Oct-10 01:56 AM
512 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Where would you preorder?"
In response to Reply # 0

Miami, US

Give Lisa at Berger Brothers a call. I had a very good experience with my recent 28-300 that I purchased from her. Free shipping and a discount for nikonians is being offered.

Visit my website: http://www.futurelookphotography.com

Sujoy61 Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Jan 2006Mon 04-Oct-10 05:07 AM
144 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Where would you preorder?"
In response to Reply # 4

Calcutta, IN

A vote for Adorama. Very happy with their service for many years now

www.sujoydas.com
Photographs from the Himalaya
www.sujoyrdas.blogspot.com
My Blog
www.facebook.com/sujoyrdas
Facebook

Mike Buckley Registered since 22nd Aug 2010Mon 04-Oct-10 01:01 PM
27 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Where would you preorder?"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Unless you are absolutely certain that the camera will meet your needs, you might want to consider checking the retailer's return policy. As an example, Amazon's return policy applies only when ordering directly from Amazon, not one of its merchants.

I ordered from B&H because, in the event the camera doesn't meet my needs, I know they honor their return policy. I needed a digital projector awhile back and could not decide which one would be the best simply by reviewing the specs; I had to order two of them and try them out side-by-side. I called B&H to ensure that it would be acceptable to order both projectors, knowing that I would return one of them. The person responded that, "Yes, that's one of the reasons we have that policy." So, I ordered both projectors, returned the one that didn't meet my needs, and B&H credited my account right on schedule.

Author of "IDimager Version 5 Workbook"

PROWLER69 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Mon 04-Oct-10 05:44 PM
238 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Where would you preorder?"
In response to Reply # 0

Wading River, US

I like to keep my local guy in business. He works with me on deals and tries to match other prices. At this time in our economy he is struggling. I hope my ever so slight business contributes to his success. I would be careful for deals that appear to be too good to be true. Most likely it will be a scam. I'm first on his list for the D-7000.
Eddie

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name in a Swiss bank account".
Woody Allen

http://edmund-365imagesin2009.blogspot.com/
http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/gallery/view_img.php?id=27273

http://www.pbase.com/tomcat68/root

OpticalSerenity Registered since 23rd Oct 2006Mon 04-Oct-10 07:35 PM
91 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Where would you preorder?"
In response to Reply # 7

Atlanta, US

Anyone know of a local dealer in the metro Atlanta area that is good to deal with and has similar prices to Adorama? I'd like to support my local guy also, but I can't seem to find a good one.

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Tue 05-Oct-10 10:20 PM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Where would you preorder?"
In response to Reply # 8

Joanna, US

If you have a local Wolf camera they are taking pre-orders for the suggested price by Nikon. The local stores here offer a free camera class if you buy from them. This would get you up and going. Good luck!

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

Bob Chadwick Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2006Wed 13-Oct-10 03:57 PM
2030 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Where would you preorder?"
In response to Reply # 8

Norcross, US

>Anyone know of a local dealer in the metro Atlanta area that
>is good to deal with and has similar prices to Adorama? I'd
>like to support my local guy also, but I can't seem to find a
>good one.

I deal with Showcase in Atlanta and Photobarn up in Lilburn.

Visit
My Nikonians Gallery
NorcrossPics.Com

micaelak Registered since 08th Aug 2009Mon 04-Oct-10 08:19 PM
461 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Where would you preorder?"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 04-Oct-10 08:20 PM by micaelak

Ravenna, US

Adorama has always been good to me for years. Also photo printing is awesome also great prices and good service

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Tue 05-Oct-10 04:48 AM
4216 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Where would you preorder?"
In response to Reply # 0

Alberta, CA

I have used the big sites, but yes I echo the support your local dealer advice, especially on pre-order items where there is no price advantage.

I like to support my local economy and usually go local.

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

radwar Registered since 28th Feb 2009Tue 05-Oct-10 02:38 PM
301 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Where would you preorder?"
In response to Reply # 10

Cupertino, US

The only thing about ordering from the local dealer is the taxes.. the camera would be $120 more than what I have to pay online

HayMower Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2008Thu 14-Oct-10 04:53 PM
190 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: Where would you preorder?"
In response to Reply # 11

US

>The only thing about ordering from the local dealer is the
>taxes.. the camera would be $120 more than what I have to pay
>online

Same here - I went ahead and got my latest purchase locally (55-300mm lens, but when spending over $1,000.00, that sales tax adds up. It's a real downer for the local dealers to try to compete with the internet.

Hillbilly Harry - in the Missouri Ozarks.

D40X
AF-S 18-55 VR
AF-S 55-300 VR
AF-S 50mm 1.4G
AF-S 35mm 1.8
SB400
Nikon closeup attachments 0, 1, 3T, 4T

Tropic Lightning Registered since 09th Oct 2009Fri 08-Oct-10 06:16 PM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Where would you preorder?"
In response to Reply # 0

Midlothian, US

Wolf/Ritz camera on line to avoid sales taxes.

I am a super hero, I can control light and freeze time.

MichaelErlewine Registered since 15th Apr 2008Wed 13-Oct-10 03:24 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Where would you preorder?"
In response to Reply # 13

Big Rapids, US

I have bought from B&H for years, but lately the volume I surmise Amazon is now getting made me order the D7000 from them. They are not a casual customer for Nikon. I would bet equal or greater than B&H at this point.

OpticalSerenity Registered since 23rd Oct 2006Thu 14-Oct-10 05:24 PM
91 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: Where would you preorder?"
In response to Reply # 14

Atlanta, US

B&H is great, but they're closed so often for religious observance. I go to Adorama, because so many times I've tried to call B&H or even visit their site, they're closed. While I totally understand and respect their religious practices (I'm actually going to Israel next month) I also want to do business with someone that is open more often.

I ordered from Adorama.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #618 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.