Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6153
View in linear mode

Subject: "Vivitar Wireless shutter release for D7000, can't plug ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Mr Moose Registered since 05th Jan 2011Tue 22-Feb-11 10:52 PM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Vivitar Wireless shutter release for D7000, can't plug it in to the USB port"

US

Has anyone tried this? If so, how did you get the USB cable plugged in to the camera?
It doesn't want to plug in to the USB port on the camera

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DAJolley Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2007Wed 23-Feb-11 01:29 AM
1074 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Vivitar Wireless shutter release for D7000, can't plug it in to the USB port"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I think it's supposed to plug into the accessory terminal, not usb. It's the one in the lower compartment, far right; looks very similar to usb. The plug only goes in one way, be carefull.
I have a Chinese knock off cord that doesn't work on my D7000 but does on my D90, go figure.
Dave Jolley
http://www.pbase.com/hockingphotos

David Jolley
Pickerington, Ohio
Please visit my Website

Mr Moose Registered since 05th Jan 2011Wed 23-Feb-11 03:06 PM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Vivitar Wireless shutter release for D7000, can't plug it in to the USB port"
In response to Reply # 1

US

DAJolley,

Thanks for your reply, yes, it is the lower compartment. I'm at work and I don't have the Vivitar wireless shutter release with me, but I think it refers to the USB port which is wrong. I'll check when I get home to night and update.

Mr Moose Registered since 05th Jan 2011Wed 23-Feb-11 10:54 PM
#3. "RE: Vivitar Wireless shutter release for D7000, can't plug it in to the USB port"
In response to Reply # 2

US

I miss read the instructions, they refer to S/B position on the transmitter which I thought was USB (the print is very small in the manual that came with it)
Anyway, I have it plugged into the lower compartment now, and it works very well.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6153 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.