Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6069
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 and TC works great" Previous topic | Next topic
captainkev Registered since 24th Jan 2011Fri 18-Feb-11 10:33 PM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 and TC works great"

Washington Township, US

Got the Tamaron 1.4 TC pro today and tried it with my 80-400 lens. Initial feedback is that AF and all features work as advertised.
Just FYI

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 and TC works great
RRRoger Silver Member
19th Feb 2011
captainkev
19th Feb 2011
RRRoger Silver Member
19th Feb 2011
captainkev
19th Feb 2011
captainkev
19th Feb 2011
RRRoger Silver Member
19th Feb 2011

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberSat 19-Feb-11 02:14 PM
3136 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 and TC works great"
In response to Reply # 0

Monterey Bay, US

How good are your images at 400mm?

I have a kenko 1.5x (no longer available).
It will also AF with the 80-400 but there is noticeable degradation at 400mm
(still acceptable but not near as sharp as with the Sigma 150-500 at 500mm).

captainkev Registered since 24th Jan 2011Sat 19-Feb-11 02:48 PM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 and TC works great"
In response to Reply # 1

Washington Township, US

will find out this afternoon. going to rack it out on some waterfowl nearby if this wind would ever drop off.

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberSat 19-Feb-11 03:03 PM
3136 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 and TC works great"
In response to Reply # 2
Sat 19-Feb-11 03:06 PM by RRRoger

Monterey Bay, US

Better use a really good TriPod and wind break.
Remember to turn VR off.
Post some pictures shot at 400mm with TC.

I should not mention gear. I had a 150-500 for my 5D2
Just ordered new Nikon version from
http://www.handbdigital.com/Sigma-150-500mm-5-6-3-Lens-Nikon/dp/B001542X64?traffic_src=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=froogle

I will post some pics in my gallery when I get it.
I already have some D7000 at Pinnacles pictures with my 80-400

captainkev Registered since 24th Jan 2011Sat 19-Feb-11 06:17 PM
#4. "RE: D7000 and TC works great"
In response to Reply # 3

Washington Township, US

was unable to get the wind to calm down or find a good wind break this afternoon. with the wind shake even on the Gitzo, the shots I took racked out to 400 were not bad, but not sharp either. this one was at F10, 250mm with the 1.4 TC on.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

captainkev Registered since 24th Jan 2011Sat 19-Feb-11 07:06 PM
#5. "RE: D7000 and TC works great"
In response to Reply # 4

Washington Township, US

gave up on outside, set up on Gitzo in house and shot out through doorway to back yard. Subject not that exciting but first shot is racked out to 400 with 1.4 TC, 2nd shot it racked out to 400 w/o TC.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberSat 19-Feb-11 11:38 PM
#6. "RE: D7000 and TC works great"
In response to Reply # 5

Monterey Bay, US

Good glass.
excellent demo.
Thanks

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6069 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.