Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6059
View in linear mode

Subject: "Trade D7000/35mm1.8 for D700 ?" Previous topic | Next topic
wkramer Registered since 03rd Dec 2010Fri 18-Feb-11 03:29 PM
108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Trade D7000/35mm1.8 for D700 ?"

Port Washington/New York, US

I saw a craig's list ad offering to trade a D700/grip and 2 batteries (57,000 actuations) for a D7000/grip/35mm 1.8 lens. Fair trade or not?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

rlecocq Registered since 14th Jan 2008Fri 18-Feb-11 05:31 PM
106 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Trade D7000/35mm1.8 for D700 ?"
In response to Reply # 0

Winnipeg, CA

Im in no position to answer that question,however I would be very interested to see and compare the responses you would get if you would post the same queston in the d700 forum!

Rob./

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Fri 18-Feb-11 06:11 PM
3262 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Trade D7000/35mm1.8 for D700 ?"
In response to Reply # 0

St Petersburg, RU

Find out what the back story is, something more is involved.

A D700 in good condition is worth more than a D7000 in new condition.
Maybe they have had an injury that prevents them from carrying the larger heavier camera. Or possibly they found bad news from a repair ship that looked at it. Just speculation, but find out why someone wants that trade before committing to it.

You might value the lower weight and smaller size than a D700 so what is your reason to consider trading?
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

wkramer Registered since 03rd Dec 2010Fri 18-Feb-11 06:31 PM
108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Trade D7000/35mm1.8 for D700 ?"
In response to Reply # 2

Port Washington/New York, US

I was going to show the listing for the trade but when I went back to it, it had been deleted by the poster.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #6059 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.