Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5972
View in linear mode

Subject: "Excited about my newly arrived D7000--quick ?? about fl..." Previous topic | Next topic
KenwardV Registered since 15th Feb 2011Tue 15-Feb-11 10:27 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Excited about my newly arrived D7000--quick ?? about flashes"

US

I'm stoked and already playing with my new camera (with a 35mm f/1.8), and am wondering whether an OLD flash unit will work with it.

I have some SB-15's from my FE/FG days. They work perfectly well, of course, but will they match up with the D7000? I'm almost afraid of putting one on, thinking that it may short out something...

Is this known?

Thanks!

Kenward

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

captainkev Registered since 24th Jan 2011Tue 15-Feb-11 10:30 PM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Excited about my newly arrived D7000--quick ?? about flashes"
In response to Reply # 0

Washington Township, US

Welcome,

Dont know about an SB 15. There are a lot of great folks here who I am sure will help you out.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Tue 15-Feb-11 11:06 PM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Excited about my newly arrived D7000--quick ?? about flashes"
In response to Reply # 0

Joanna, US

Call Nikon support @ 1-800-645-6687. Better to be certain than try and unexpectedly foul something up.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

KenwardV Registered since 15th Feb 2011Tue 15-Feb-11 11:34 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Excited about my newly arrived D7000--quick ?? about flashes"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Looks like my answer is yes, it can be used. Will take some playing, I guess. From Nikon's site:

Modes used with the SB-15 are "Non-TTL Auto, M, Rear Curtain Sync".

Time to get the manual out.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5972 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.