Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5958
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7K Lens Calibration/Live view" Previous topic | Next topic
leoros Registered since 22nd Jul 2006Tue 15-Feb-11 04:12 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7K Lens Calibration/Live view"

New York, US

I am unsure if the D7000 allow the auto focus lens calibration setting for each lens .... can somebody confirm that please?
Also, in video, in live view, Is it possible to modify the opening, without closing live view? Somebody was saying that it is not possible!
Thank you for your feedback!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

hawaii502160 Registered since 11th Feb 2011Tue 15-Feb-11 11:00 PM
183 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7K Lens Calibration/Live view"
In response to Reply # 0

Cleveland, US

I believe you can set it for each lens.

wwt67 Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2010Tue 15-Feb-11 11:58 PM
329 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7K Lens Calibration/Live view"
In response to Reply # 1

Warsaw, US

To answer the first part of your question. You can store AF fine tune settings for 12 lenses. Only one setting for each lens. Also, lets say you have a 300mm lens and a teleconverter to use with the lens, you can save a setting both with and without the teleconverter (the camera sees these as different lenses).

leoros Registered since 22nd Jul 2006Wed 16-Feb-11 05:56 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7K Lens Calibration/Live view"
In response to Reply # 2

New York, US

Thank you!
I ordered the D7000.
for sure ... I will have more question later
Leo

Len Shepherd Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2003Wed 16-Feb-11 06:25 AM
12722 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7K Lens Calibration/Live view"
In response to Reply # 0

Yorkshire, GB

On the first part the D7000 has AF fine tune - though I find Nikon's advice accurate - it is rarely needed.
Most fine tune issues are "user misunderstanding" in that they only occur using AF targets where the risk of AF system mis focus is high.
I have not done full video test yet but if video works the same as on the D3/300 s
1/ In LiveView hand held mode changing the aperture whilst recoding results in the camera correcting the exposure during recording.
Ideally you need to be working from a tripod to avoid camera movement when changing the aperture.
2/ in LiveView tripod mode the aperture can be changed but the exposure remains constant.
You can start recording with part of the image underexposed and change exposure to get detail in the shadow area.
Ideally what is in shadow needs to be interesting enough for the viewer not to notice part of the image becoming over exposed.

Photography is a bit like archery. A technically better camera, lens or arrow may not hit the target as often as it could if the photographer or archer does not practice enough.

Len Shepherd

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5958 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.