Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5926
View in linear mode

Subject: "From Canon to D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
USA858 Registered since 14th Feb 2011Mon 14-Feb-11 06:04 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"From Canon to D7000"

US

Hi all. New to the forum.

I just ordered my D7000 body and a few lenses from Amazon. It's scheduled to arrive Wednesday and, of course, I am super excited!

I am new to photography and have bought (and now sold) both the Canon 60D and 7D. Played with each for a little less than a month. Both VERY nice and capable cameras. Nothing to complain about in either case. As someone that is new to DSLRs, I am kind of taking my test drives as I attempt to determine between Canon or Nikon.

Looking forward to my continued learning as I lurk through this forum

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberTue 15-Feb-11 01:17 AM
3086 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: From Canon to D7000"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 15-Feb-11 01:19 AM by RRRoger

Monterey Bay, US

Welcome
I sold my 5D2 to buy the D7000 and have not regretted it one bit.
Due probably to the high resolution, they were both a bit difficult to get used to. The AF and speed are far better with the Nikon.
I just used it this weekend for MotoCross and it gave my D3 a real chase and even outperformed it in a few areas.

The 7D is probably a lot closer in camera specs, but not in real camera performance to the D7000.

Give yourself some time to dial it in.
My favorite lens have been the AF-S Nikkor 80-200 and 28-300, although it also performed quite well with my 14-24, and the Video with the 35 f/1.8 DX is excellent.

Did you get the Nikon instant rebates on your lens?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

USA858 Registered since 14th Feb 2011Tue 15-Feb-11 09:30 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: From Canon to D7000"
In response to Reply # 1
Tue 15-Feb-11 09:31 PM by USA858

US

thanks for the welcome guys and the info

I sure did get the instant rebates (great deals) but will probably sell the lenses to help fund the lenses I want to get - the 35 f/1.8 mentioned and the Tokina 11-16

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Tue 15-Feb-11 01:30 AM
25013 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: From Canon to D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Jeriko,

Welcome to Nikonians!
Congratulations on your new D7000.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Sat 19-Feb-11 01:58 PM
4090 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: From Canon to D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Alberta, CA

You have come to the right place, lots of help and expertise here - welcome!

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5926 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.