Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5843
View in linear mode

Subject: "Bad Shots???" Previous topic | Next topic
jmiguez Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2010Sat 12-Feb-11 04:33 PM
438 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Bad Shots???"

Lafayette, US

Does anybody know what happened here? It is one of about 6-8 photos out of over 700 taken on the same morning. This is the first time I have experienced shots like this. In Lightroom, the metadata shows it to have been shot at a speed of 1/1000 sec and ISO of 100. The F stop and mm numbers are blank. This was one of two in a row. The shots before and after of the same bird are fine?

John

My Pictures may be seen here: http://jmiguez.smugmug.com/

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Sat 12-Feb-11 04:51 PM
2120 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Bad Shots???"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Was your MODE dial knocked into Manual?

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

jmiguez Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2010Sat 12-Feb-11 05:03 PM
438 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Bad Shots???"
In response to Reply # 1

Lafayette, US

I was shooting in manual. I had the speed set to 1/1000 (except when my thumb moves it GURRRR) and aperture at F/11. ISO was Auto.

John

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Sat 12-Feb-11 05:31 PM
4090 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Bad Shots???"
In response to Reply # 2

Alberta, CA

Probably a lens/body contacts issue? Reason I say that is f-stop and mm are blank, so seems like a clue.

I would give both a cleaning. I would also dismount and mount the lens anytime you see this.

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

jmiguez Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2010Sat 12-Feb-11 07:17 PM
#4. "RE: Bad Shots???"
In response to Reply # 3

Lafayette, US

Thanks Steve, Yes, I am sure that is it. I was caring the camera and hand using it. The lens is heavy and it could have twisted sightly in use.

John

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5843 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.