Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5780
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 MLU Mode" Previous topic | Next topic
DAJolley Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2007Thu 10-Feb-11 03:30 PM
1139 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 MLU Mode"

US

I've noticed that when I use MLU on the D7000 there is a distict "click" about 1/2 sec before the shutter closes during the second press of the shutter release. I can feel it while holding the body and wonder what is happening. My D700 does not do this.
Dave Jolley

David Jolley
Pickerington, Ohio
Please visit my Website

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

sirraj Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2005Fri 11-Feb-11 12:04 PM
194 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 MLU Mode"
In response to Reply # 0

Minneapolis, US

Do you maybe have Exposure Delay on? It's D11 in the Custom Setting Menu.

Sirraj

DAJolley Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2007Fri 11-Feb-11 03:21 PM
1139 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 MLU Mode"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I figured it out; I should have thought this through a little more. When I was testing MLU I was using a 1/2 sec shutter speed. The two sounds I was hearing on the second press were first the shutter opening for 1/2 sec. and then the mirror dropping. When I used a faster shutter speed, the two actions occur almost simultaneously and sound like one. Duh.
Dave Jolley

David Jolley
Pickerington, Ohio
Please visit my Website

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5780 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.