Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5753
View in linear mode

Subject: "Live view focus handheld issues" Previous topic | Next topic
kshapero Gold Member Nikonian since 29th Jan 2006Wed 09-Feb-11 07:29 PM
263 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Live view focus handheld issues"

South Florida, US

Sorry for my ignorance, but does Live view focus really work on an everyday basis like a P&S camera or a Sony NEX if I wish to? Can someone give me some real life examples of using Live view focus handheld?

Thanks

Akiva S.
www.akivaphotography.com
D70s, FM3a, FM, FTN (chrome & black), F2A

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

kuzzy Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Dec 2005Thu 10-Feb-11 11:36 PM
1248 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Live view focus handheld issues"
In response to Reply # 0

Milford, US

I have never really used P&S camera's very much but I would say to you that yes, the D7000 in live view, handheld works just fine. I do not know what shooting like that will do to the number of pictures you can get from a single charge of the battery. Since I have only taken about a dozen pictures like that I really do not have any "real life examples". I can tell you that my experience focus was very sharp although slower, like a point and shoot.

Marc
There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.-Ansel Adams

http://500px.com/WhatISaw
http://kuzzy.smugmug.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 11-Feb-11 11:57 PM
25041 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Live view focus handheld issues"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Akiva,

Live view will work the same way as a P&S camera. That said the results hand held will likely not be as good as using the viewfinder.
The reason being that the D7000 with even the 18-55mm is significantly larger and heavier than a P&S and therefore much harder to hold steady a foot or two out in front of you.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5753 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.