Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5730
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 and video capabilities" Previous topic | Next topic
ronaldbegg Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2010Tue 08-Feb-11 07:09 PM
104 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 and video capabilities"

Ocean Grove, AU

Hullo all, have played with the D7000 video capabilities. Took some footage last Sunday of my MGCC CONCOURS in Melbourne. Great event, shot about 150 stills, all great.

My question is this.......I see a Benq on eBay for $A 169, very reasonable.

see

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BENQ-M1-FULL-HD-HDMI-DV-Digital-Video-Camera-Camcorder-/110644246067?pt=AU_Digital_Video_Cameras&hash=item19c2e93633#ht_7100wt_1289

I am wondering whether this may be a good option to video on the D7000.

I am not saying anything is wrong with the D7000 re video...this is just a thought.

A review suggest the Benq represents very good value.

Comments re using this vs the D7000.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

chris_platt Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Apr 2009Tue 08-Feb-11 08:38 PM
751 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 and video capabilities"
In response to Reply # 0

Newburg, US

I haven't played with the video too much on my D7000 yet, but the first question that comes to my mind is the quality of the lens on that device. What's the point of recording in HD if the lens on the camera can't deliver high resolution images?

I have taken HD video with my Panasonic GF1 - I was able to mount my Sigma 800mm lens on it with an adapter. I'm quite sure the Benq would never be able to deliver the video quality I was able to capture with that setup. I'm sure the same is true with the D7000.

You have a 150-500mm zoom. You should be able to capture awesome video with that lens mounted on the D7000. I think I'd try that first.

Visit my gallery.

hpcphoto Registered since 13th Nov 2009Wed 09-Feb-11 02:06 AM
68 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 and video capabilities"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I have used many camcorders, including the Canon XAH1 Mini DV. The video from the D7000 is almost on par with the XAH1. Maybe not in specs but in real life shooting and with the flexibility of changing lenses, the D7000 wins. The cheaper camcorders are just not worth it in my opinion. I would learn to master the video on the D7000 and then use it exclusively. Best of luck.
Ed.

Check out my website

www.hpcphoto.com !

Or my stock site:

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_search.php?action=file&membername=hpcphoto

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberThu 10-Feb-11 02:37 PM
3140 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 and video capabilities"
In response to Reply # 2

Monterey Bay, US

There is a special forum on Nikonians

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=402&page=

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5730 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.