Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5702
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 White Balance" Previous topic | Next topic
chris_platt Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Apr 2009Tue 08-Feb-11 12:02 AM
751 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 White Balance"

Newburg, US

I've been playing with my new D7000 for a couple of days now and just have to say, auto white balance on this camera is astonishing! It's dead on under every lighting condition I've tried... Just one of many features I'm beginning to love about this camera..

Visit my gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

adamcartwright Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Jan 2011Tue 08-Feb-11 01:07 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 White Balance"
In response to Reply # 0

Castle Rock, US

My experience is that the normal Auto1 WB works pretty well, but once you set it into Auto2 (keep warm colors), the balance is too warm and almost yellow indoors. For that reason I keep it on Auto1. I shoot in RAW anyway, but when doing sports or other activities I usually switch to JPG, and in that case I almost always do a preset.

http://www.adamcartwright.com

jbshere Registered since 02nd Jan 2011Tue 08-Feb-11 01:18 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 White Balance"
In response to Reply # 0

Charleston, US

>I've been playing with my new D7000 for a couple of days now
>and just have to say, auto white balance on this camera is
>astonishing! It's dead on under every lighting
>condition I've tried... Just one of many features I'm
>beginning to love about this camera..

I have come to that conclusion as well! I shoot indoor hockey and have relied on my Expodisc to set a preset WB with the D90, almost a must. Now with the D7000, I can set auto WB or a preset WB with the Expodisc and notice very little difference between the two.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5702 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.