Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5664
View in linear mode

Subject: "MB-D11 Battery Pack for D-7000 and Shutter Speed" Previous topic | Next topic
CellarRat Registered since 06th Feb 2011Sun 06-Feb-11 09:19 PM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"MB-D11 Battery Pack for D-7000 and Shutter Speed"

US

About a 2 months ago I purchased my d7k, and to date, I am very happy with the purchase. I more recently purchased the battery pack for reasons including shutter speed increase. I have not read anything on this site or any other that suggested that shutter speed actually does increase with the addition of the battery pack. Does anyone know if there is an increase and how much? The current specs are 6fps. It would be nice if it got to 8fps.

My suspicion is that there is not any increase because it was not stated anywhere is the description of the battery pack online. Please tell me I am wrong.

And by the way this is my first post, I tried to do a search, but I didnt find anything. If this question has been answered please feel free (moderator) to provide the link and move my topic.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: MB-D11 Battery Pack for D-7000 and Shutter Speed
briantilley Moderator
06th Feb 2011
CellarRat
06th Feb 2011
briantilley Moderator
06th Feb 2011
billD80 Silver Member
07th Feb 2011
adamcartwright Silver Member
07th Feb 2011
billD80 Silver Member
07th Feb 2011

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Sun 06-Feb-11 10:11 PM
28733 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: MB-D11 Battery Pack for D-7000 and Shutter Speed"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

Welcome to Nikonians!

I'm sure this topic has come up before, but it's just as fast to answer it here...

Adding the MB-D11 to the D7000 makes no difference to the maximum possible frame rate.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

CellarRat Registered since 06th Feb 2011Sun 06-Feb-11 10:27 PM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: MB-D11 Battery Pack for D-7000 and Shutter Speed"
In response to Reply # 1
Sun 06-Feb-11 10:49 PM by CellarRat

US

Thanks for the response. Perhaps you would indulge me with an answer to a follow up question. Is there any other way to increase the fps on this camera?

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Sun 06-Feb-11 11:05 PM
28733 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: MB-D11 Battery Pack for D-7000 and Shutter Speed"
In response to Reply # 2

Paignton, GB

>Is there any other way to increase the fps on this camera?

No, I'm afraid not

You can maximise the frame rate by choosing your image settings carefully and turning off things like Active D-lighting and Auto ISO, but the upper limit of 6fps (in Ch mode) remains.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Mon 07-Feb-11 02:02 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: MB-D11 Battery Pack for D-7000 and Shutter Speed"
In response to Reply # 3

US

I read, I believe in two places, that adding a grip increased the frame-rate. I never use this feature, and didn't care, though I still wanted the grip...

But it's unfortunate that at least one reviewer just went ahead with saying something that, to my knowledge, has absolutely no basis in fact.

I hope you like having the grip regardless. And hey, 6FPS at 14-bit color depth may not be what you need, but it's awfully good!

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

adamcartwright Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Jan 2011Mon 07-Feb-11 04:53 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: MB-D11 Battery Pack for D-7000 and Shutter Speed"
In response to Reply # 4

Castle Rock, US

Correct. No FPS increase should be expected with the MB-D11. That said, the grip is nice and really increases the overall experience of the camera, in my opinion. I always have it on when using a larger lens (e.g. 70-200 f/2.8), and I like the feature that allows you to tell the camera to use the grip's battery first before using the camera's.

The best feature of the grip is that it comes with a AA battery adapter, so that in a pinch you can keep shooting on standard batteries.

http://www.adamcartwright.com

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Mon 07-Feb-11 05:01 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: MB-D11 Battery Pack for D-7000 and Shutter Speed"
In response to Reply # 5

US

>The best feature of the grip is that it comes with a AA
>battery adapter, so that in a pinch you can keep shooting on
>standard batteries.

This is an underestimated, huge plus, beside the ergonomic aspect. Imagine you're travelling in places where A/C outlets aren't around... AA's can be found almost anywhere.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5664 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.