Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5623
View in linear mode

Subject: "EN-EL15 Battery questions?" Previous topic | Next topic
HayMower Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2008Sat 05-Feb-11 09:49 PM
190 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"EN-EL15 Battery questions?"

US

My original battery in my D7000 was down to 18% after only 334 shots. I did have a lot of "LCD time" going through the menus, playing with live view, etc, so am hoping to see some of those phenominal results I've read about when I settle down to just shooting. I'm not a fan of live view. I don't examine every image right after I shoot it, but do take a look more often than I should.

Anyway, here are my questions: I have a spare Nikon brand battery. (I tried an off-brand with my D40X and didn't like the performance ofit - I think it's better to stick with Nikon on batteries.) Would it be better for me to keep it charged, or wait until the battery in the camera is low before charging the spare? Does the
EN-EL15 have a memory? If so, I think it would be better to run the battery in the camera completely down before changing it out - is that correct?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hillbilly Harry - in the Missouri Ozarks.

D7000
D40X
AF-S 10-24
AF-S 18-55 VR
AF-S 55-300 VR
AF-S 50 1.4G
AF-S 35 1.8G
SB400
Nikon closeup attachments 0, 1, 3T, 4T

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?
JosephK Silver Member
05th Feb 2011
HayMower Silver Member
05th Feb 2011
DsrtVW Gold Member
06th Feb 2011
pwarbeck Silver Member
06th Feb 2011
pdekman Gold Member
06th Feb 2011
pwarbeck Silver Member
06th Feb 2011
adamcartwright Silver Member
06th Feb 2011
pwarbeck Silver Member
06th Feb 2011
HayMower Silver Member
06th Feb 2011
Marlin4E
06th Feb 2011
Ginsbury Gold Member
06th Feb 2011
HayMower Silver Member
06th Feb 2011
Ginsbury Gold Member
07th Feb 2011
SredNeel Silver Member
11th Feb 2011
Reply message RE: The D7000 instructions clarify
Len Shepherd Gold Member
07th Feb 2011
HayMower Silver Member
07th Feb 2011
jaychoth
08th Feb 2011
jmiguez Silver Member
09th Feb 2011
billD80 Silver Member
09th Feb 2011
          Reply message Battery drain
HayMower Silver Member
09th Feb 2011
               Reply message RE: Battery drain
billD80 Silver Member
09th Feb 2011
ericbowles Moderator
12th Feb 2011
RRRoger Silver Member
15th Feb 2011
HayMower Silver Member
15th Feb 2011
HayMower Silver Member
18th Feb 2011
billD80 Silver Member
18th Feb 2011
jaychoth
19th Feb 2011

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Sat 05-Feb-11 10:43 PM
4188 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, WA, US

Lithium-ion batteries do not have the "memory effect" like the old Ni-Cd batteries. Keeping them charged is the easiest.

After a battery gets below 10%, I start looking for a convenient time to replace it. (Letting it drop to zero is probably not a good thing.) After it is replaced, it gets charged back to 100% and placed back in the rotation. If it has been a long time between replacements, I will top off the upcoming replacement(s) before putting them in the camera bag for "tomorrow's" shoot.

---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D200, 17-55mm f/2.8 DX, 70-200mm f/2.8 VR, 50mm f/1.4 D
18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX, 70-300mm f/4-5.6 ED, D70S

HayMower Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2008Sat 05-Feb-11 10:53 PM
190 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

>Lithium-ion batteries do not have the "memory
>effect" like the old Ni-Cd batteries. Keeping them
>charged is the easiest.

That's what I thought.

>After a battery gets below 10%, I start looking for a
>convenient time to replace it. (Letting it drop to zero is
>probably not a good thing.) After it is replaced, it gets
>charged back to 100% and placed back in the rotation. If it
>has been a long time between replacements, I will top off the
>upcoming replacement(s) before putting them in the camera bag
>for "tomorrow's" shoot.

That's the technique that I intend to use. On the D40X batteries, I replace them when the indicator shows only one bar - no percentage indicator there.

Thanks for the response.

>
>---------+---------+---------+---------+
>Joseph K
>Seattle, WA, USA
>
>D200, 17-55mm f/2.8 DX, 70-200mm f/2.8 VR, 50mm f/1.4 D
>18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX, 70-300mm f/4-5.6 ED, D70S
>

D7000
D40X
AF-S 10-24
AF-S 18-55 VR
AF-S 55-300 VR
AF-S 50 1.4G
AF-S 35 1.8G
SB400

DsrtVW Gold Member Nikonian since 16th Dec 2007Sun 06-Feb-11 07:24 AM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Was that the on the first time you used it when bought without charging it first? I have 3 batteries for the D7000 I have been happy with the amount of shots you can get out of them. I have shot over 800 shots using both live view and video.

pwarbeck Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2009Sun 06-Feb-11 11:16 AM
246 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 3

Tucson AZ, US

I have two authentic EN-EL15's for my D7000 and have needed to swap them quite often. After say 50 shots (RAW), the battery is down to one bar. I thought this was odd. I rarely use live view (except for macro focusing), but I do use the camera to upload photos to my computer via the USB cable. Someone suggested that this was a big drain on the battery. True or false?

Visit my gallery on 23hq

pdekman Gold Member Winner in The Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded as a regular contributor who offers in-depth knowledge to members who are interested in building efficient work flows. Nikonian since 17th Nov 2005Sun 06-Feb-11 01:46 PM
1032 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 4

Swisher, US

That performance seems very unusual to me. It could be the USB connection, but unless you're leaving the camera on for extended periods after downloading, something seems amiss.

Try using the camera without connecting to the PC and let us know what performance you see. For comparison, I've been getting over 1000 shots (RAW) with my D7000 and I'm not shy about reviewing the histogram afterwards. I'm also getting good cold weather performance at temps from 0F to 20F recently.

Paul
My Nikonians Gallery

pwarbeck Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2009Sun 06-Feb-11 02:29 PM
246 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 7

Tucson AZ, US

I have a card reader, and I will try out your suggestion. I forgot to mention that I raised the auto meter-off delay (custom menu c2)to 16s. I use manual focus lenses and I spend more time looking through the viewfinder. According to the D7000 manual, this also shortens battery life.

Visit my gallery on 23hq

adamcartwright Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Jan 2011Sun 06-Feb-11 05:16 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 8

Castle Rock, US

the EN-EL15 is an intelligent battery. if you go into the system menu and look at the battery info it will display the exact number of shots taken since the battery was fully charged, and the current level of the battery. take the battery out and put it in a different camera, take 10 shots, put it back in the original camera you'll notice that the shot count has updated.

you can use this feature to chart the performance of your battery if you suspect it is behaving poorly. i have two EN-EL15 batteries, and use one of them in the battery grip. i have had nothing but superior performance with both batteries.

http://www.adamcartwright.com

pwarbeck Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2009Sun 06-Feb-11 05:28 PM
#11. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 9

Tucson AZ, US

Nice feature! I didn't know it existed. My info shows Bat-meter at 70% and Pic-meter at 70. At this rate, I should be able to get at least 200 RAW, which is not as good as others are reporting, but good enough.

Visit my gallery on 23hq

HayMower Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2008Sun 06-Feb-11 05:25 PM
#10. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 3

US

>Was that the on the first time you used it when bought
>without charging it first?

I charged the battery overnight before I used it. It was a long night of waiting.

I have always used a card reader to upload images to my computer.

D7000
D40X
AF-S 10-24
AF-S 18-55 VR
AF-S 55-300 VR
AF-S 50 1.4G
AF-S 35 1.8G
SB400

Marlin4E Registered since 14th Jan 2011Sun 06-Feb-11 11:27 AM
46 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hamilton, US

I have been very pleased with my en-el15. After receiving the camera and topping the battery off before using it, I have shot about 10 minutes of video, about 300 pictures and messed around a lot with the menu screen. The battery is still got at least 2/3 of the power left. I just received my second battery and charged it up for a back-up.

Li-ion batteries should never be taken to zero since that will damage them. I usually recharge at about 20%. And I think it is right to have the back-up charged rather than discharged for storage. It does not have a memory like Ni-Hydride batteries.

I have never downloaded pictures from my camera. I was told when I had my D70 that it does drain the battery faster as does using Live View. Net, I have always used a card reader to download my pictures for this reason. I do not know if this is an issue for the newer Nikon models, but I continue to download from a card reader. They are very small and portable.

Mark4ENikon

Ginsbury Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2008Sun 06-Feb-11 11:40 AM
337 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 5

Netanya, IL

Each to his own!
My regime (which worked perfectly for me with the D300) is to have two batteries.
The evening before a shoot, I place the spare battery in the camera and charge the battery that was there (and used on my last shoot). I do this irrespective of the charge remaining.
The bottom line is that I always go out 199% fully charged. With the performance I have been getting from the D7000 batteries, I reckon I could spray and pray all day long, from dawn to dusk, and still have power left.
In an emergency - such as has never been experienced by me (yet) - I have an invertor in the car.

Nathan
PS The invertor can also be used for charging mobile phones, laptops, etc. etc.

HayMower Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2008Sun 06-Feb-11 05:33 PM
#12. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 6

US

>Each to his own!
>In an emergency - such as has never been experienced by me
>(yet) - I have an invertor in the car.
>
>Nathan
>PS The invertor can also be used for charging mobile phones,
>laptops, etc. etc.

I've thought about an inverter, but haven't checked them out. Are there any recommended brands, or would a generic suffice? Does Nikon have one?

D7000
D40X
AF-S 10-24
AF-S 18-55 VR
AF-S 55-300 VR
AF-S 50 1.4G
AF-S 35 1.8G
SB400

Ginsbury Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2008Mon 07-Feb-11 07:12 PM
337 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 12

Netanya, IL

An invertor just converts 12 volts from the car battery to 120 volts (in my case 220 volts) for whatever needs charging. Not specifically photography equipment or Nikon. A cable from the vehicle cigarette lighter goes in one end and you insert the plug (that you would normally insert in a wall socket) into the other end. Mine works up to 150 watts but they are available for less and for more.

I don't live in the States and so do not know what is available there but I'm sure any reasonable electric store would stock them.

The cost is about the same as for another battery for the D7000 but my wife's mobile phone (which doesn't work with a D7000 battery and is never charged) is happier this way!

Nathan

Nathan
My pix: www.nr-ginsbury.com

SredNeel Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Oct 2007Fri 11-Feb-11 01:44 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#21. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 12

Geldrop, NL

Hi Harry,

A more compact solution is a versatile charger that can draw its energy from the mains as well as a car plug. Mine can charge any battery (phone, camera, AA), configuration of connectors is adjustable, it measures the required voltage and type of battery. It is just as compact as the original charger from the D7k.

Moreover I understood that Li-ion batteries have less drain when stored in a fridge, but I never took the trouble to bild a fridge in my backpack

Cheers, Herman

>I've thought about an inverter, but haven't checked them out.
>Are there any recommended brands, or would a generic suffice?
>Does Nikon have one?
>
>Hillbilly Harry - in the Missouri Ozarks.

Len Shepherd Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2003Mon 07-Feb-11 09:31 AM
12722 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: The D7000 instructions clarify"
In response to Reply # 0

Yorkshire, GB

The D7000 instructions clarify the camera when new takes about 3 days to charge up the internal clock battery.
Battery drain after a week when the clock battery is charges and you have sorted out the menus is what matters.

Photography is a bit like archery. A technically better camera, lens or arrow may not hit the target as often as it could if the photographer or archer does not practice enough.

Len Shepherd

HayMower Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2008Mon 07-Feb-11 03:13 PM
#14. "RE: The D7000 instructions clarify"
In response to Reply # 13

US

>The D7000 instructions clarify the camera when new takes
>about 3 days to charge up the internal clock battery.
>Battery drain after a week when the clock battery is charges
>and you have sorted out the menus is what matters.

Thanks. I didn't see this information in the User's Manual from Nikon nor the Digital Field Guide by Thomas, but it does make sense.

D7000
D40X
AF-S 10-24
AF-S 18-55 VR
AF-S 55-300 VR
AF-S 50 1.4G
AF-S 35 1.8G
SB400

jaychoth Registered since 21st Dec 2010Tue 08-Feb-11 10:40 PM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: The D7000 instructions clarify"
In response to Reply # 14

Enid, US

My initial charge netted me around 1500 actuations while recording both JPEG and RAW images. This doesn't take into account the amount of time spent working through the menus and setting up specific settings. I'm currently on the second charge and have 55% left after 996 images. Some of these shots were taken in very low temps as well which I'm sure had an impact of some sort.

Jay
SwitchGrass Imaging Services

jmiguez Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2010Wed 09-Feb-11 11:30 AM
472 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: The D7000 instructions clarify"
In response to Reply # 16

Lafayette, US

I am getting similar results as Jay. I have taken a little over 6000 shots with my D7K and have charged the battery maybe three times. I have purchased a second batter only as an insurance policy. I will rotate the two batteries. In this way they should have longer useful lives.

John

My Pictures may be seen here: http://jmiguez.smugmug.com/

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Wed 09-Feb-11 12:20 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: The D7000 instructions clarify"
In response to Reply # 17

US

>I am getting similar results as Jay. I have taken a little
>over 6000 shots with my D7K and have charged the battery maybe
>three times. I have purchased a second batter only as an
>insurance policy. I will rotate the two batteries. In this way
>they should have longer useful lives.

Same here... I bought a grip for my D200 out of back-up battery necessity. The D7000 is in another universe as far as battery endurance. I have the grip, for ergonomics, but hardly ever have to charge, in comparison to what I was doing.

A backup battery is a good thing regardless, but you could lose it for as often as it might get used.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

HayMower Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2008Wed 09-Feb-11 04:56 PM
#19. "Battery drain"
In response to Reply # 16

US

>I'm currently on the second
>charge and have 55% left after 996 images. Some of these
>shots were taken in very low temps as well which I'm sure had
>an impact of some sort.

Wow - I've only taken 86 pictures on my second charge and am down to 80% left - At this rate, I will be at zero after less than 500 images. I'm shooting RAW+JPG fine - raw to slot 1 and jpg to slot 2.

D7000
D40X
AF-S 10-24
AF-S 18-55 VR
AF-S 55-300 VR
AF-S 50 1.4G
AF-S 35 1.8G
SB400

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Wed 09-Feb-11 05:08 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#20. "RE: Battery drain"
In response to Reply # 19

US

>Wow - I've only taken 86 pictures on my second charge and am
>down to 80% left - At this rate, I will be at zero after less
>than 500 images. I'm shooting RAW+JPG fine - raw to slot 1
>and jpg to slot 2.
>Hillbilly Harry - in the Missouri Ozarks.

That's way outside of normal for the D7000. Not even in the ballpark. Something is clearly amiss, unless most of the shots are long, time exposures in subzero weather.

Personally, I can't find a way to drain my battery this quickly...

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Sat 12-Feb-11 10:53 PM
8521 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#22. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 12-Feb-11 10:55 PM by ericbowles

Atlanta, US

I'm getting 600-1000 images on a single charged battery. That's more than I shoot in a typical day.

The things that drain the battery are initial use, chimping, VR, Live View, video, and AF hunting. Extreme cold also affect battery life (below 10 degrees).

Battery life is best when you charge your battery after using your camera. Keep it fully charged - or at least most of the way charged. Do not let it drop to low charge levels and then leave it for long periods. Long term storage is best with it charged half-way.

Here is a good resource:
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/do_and_dont_battery_table

My routine is pretty solid - whenever I return from shooting I download images and then charge the battery. Every time. I typically rotate batteries so my backup gets similar use to my primary. If I use two cameras and have long days, I start the freshest battery on the charger first (because it won't take as long) and let the weakest battery charge overnight (or just take two chargers).

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberTue 15-Feb-11 01:32 AM
3145 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#23. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 22
Tue 15-Feb-11 03:25 AM by RRRoger

Monterey Bay, US

Last Saturday & Sunday I took over 2700 Large Fine JPEGs each day with my D7000 and 28-300.
I also reviewed images at least 100 times.
I charged that same battery overnight between MotoCross Event shoots.

I think the EN EL-15 gets better (up to a point) as you use it more.

HayMower Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2008Tue 15-Feb-11 03:37 PM
#24. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 23

US

RRoger posted:
>I think the EN EL-15 gets better (up to a point) as you use it
>more.

I hope you are correct. After 116 shots (RAw+fine), I am down to 74%.

I've got a bluegrass concert at a local pub tonight, so will test battery under low light conditions taking lots of pictures. Am thinking that it will last longer taking pictures than it does menu diving and looking at the lcd.

Also, I'm going on a field trip next Monday with the local camera club to try to get some photos of eagles in a refuge near here - hope battery holds up during that. I will be taking my spares, though.

D7000
D40X
AF-S 10-24
AF-S 18-55 VR
AF-S 55-300 VR
AF-S 50 1.4G
AF-S 35 1.8G
SB400

HayMower Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2008Fri 18-Feb-11 03:25 PM
#25. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 24

US

>I hope you are correct. After 116 shots (RAw+fine), I am down
>to 74%.
>
>I've got a bluegrass concert at a local pub tonight
>
>Also, I'm going on a field trip next Monday with the local
>camera club to try to get some photos of eagles in a refuge
>near here - hope battery holds up during that. I will be
>taking my spares, though.

After the bluegrass concert and 300 shots, battery is now down to 30% - not nearly the life reported by others. Will probably start the field trip with a fully charged battery, but will run more shots today and this weekend to see how low it will go. I sure don't expect thousands of shots like some are reporting.

D7000
D40X
AF-S 10-24
AF-S 18-55 VR
AF-S 55-300 VR
AF-S 50 1.4G
AF-S 35 1.8G
SB400

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Fri 18-Feb-11 10:42 PM
#26. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 25

US

>
>After the bluegrass concert and 300 shots, battery is now down
>to 30% - not nearly the life reported by others.

Something is clearly far amiss...

jaychoth Registered since 21st Dec 2010Sat 19-Feb-11 01:41 AM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#27. "RE: EN-EL15 Battery questions?"
In response to Reply # 26

Enid, US

I just charged mine for the third time. It was down to about 22% after nearly 1500 shots. I'm shooting RAW in slot 1 and JPEG Fine in slot 2. To add, I've used nearly no flash during this last charge. FWIW...

Jay

Jay
SwitchGrass Imaging Services

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5623 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.