Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5562
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rubber Eyecup for D7000?" Previous topic | Next topic
sparklehorse2 Registered since 16th Sep 2010Fri 04-Feb-11 05:27 AM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Rubber Eyecup for D7000?"

Portland, US

Hello All!
I'd really like to add a rubber eyecup to my D7000. I tried this one from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Y0631I/ref=oss_product

That cup would work OK if I didn't also need to use an optional diopter (the built in diopter correction on the D7000 isn't enough for me). Basically that eyecup works in place of the optional diopter, and I don't see a good way to swap the glass of the diopter over to the eyecup. There's gotta be a solution to this problem, but so far I've been unable to find it. Can anyone offer some help?
Thanks!
Gordon Smith
Portland, Oregon

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004Fri 04-Feb-11 07:22 AM
9442 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Rubber Eyecup for D7000?"
In response to Reply # 0

Memphis, US

Here's a link to my post to you in the D90/80 forum. I think this will fit your needs and its all well made Nikon parts.

Eyecup post in D90 forum

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5562 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.