Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5554
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 RAW IMAGE PROCESSING WITH APPLE APERTURE 3.1" Previous topic | Next topic
dcfree Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jul 2009Thu 03-Feb-11 08:44 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 RAW IMAGE PROCESSING WITH APPLE APERTURE 3.1"

Long Beach, US

I purchased one of the first D7000 and I still can't process RAW images with Apple Aperture 3.1. Nikon sends me to Apple and Apple says they are maybe 2 months for solution. I also feel the quality of the images on the D7000 are not as good I expected and I am considering send it back for update. Is anyone else using Mac Aperture for the D7000 RAM images?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 RAW IMAGE PROCESSING WITH APPLE APERTURE 3.1
gkaiseril Gold Member
03rd Feb 2011
luckyphoto Silver Member
03rd Feb 2011
radwar
03rd Feb 2011
kentak Silver Member
03rd Feb 2011
luxor817
04th Feb 2011
chroaz Gold Member
04th Feb 2011

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Thu 03-Feb-11 08:50 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 RAW IMAGE PROCESSING WITH APPLE APERTURE 3.1"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 03-Feb-11 10:23 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

You can open your NEF files with Nikon View NX 2, provided for free by Nikon, and then transfer the images to any program you want, once you configure Nikon View NX 2, as a Tiff image.

Apeture Technical Specifications, the D7000 has the "**" footnote reference. At the bottom of the page:

** Requires Aperture 3 or later.

I think you need to download the newest version of Apple Aperture.

What do you mean about 'good'. With a large mega pixel camera, the stability of the camera during shooting is very important. How good is your hand holding of the camera. Also due to the cropped sensor your lenses magnify any movement more than the same movement on a 35mm film camera.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Thu 03-Feb-11 08:54 PM
739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 RAW IMAGE PROCESSING WITH APPLE APERTURE 3.1"
In response to Reply # 0

Port Charlotte, US

Using Aperture 3.1 with RAW. I've imported a few hundred RAW, uncompressed, 12-bit photos into Aperture 3.1 and processed them with no problem. I do have the latest D7000 firmware and all updates to Aperture 3.1 from Apple.

Are you using a card reader or a cable?

Can you explain what you mean by the "quality" of the images?

BTW - I got my D7000 around November 1st.

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

radwar Registered since 28th Feb 2009Thu 03-Feb-11 09:22 PM
301 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 RAW IMAGE PROCESSING WITH APPLE APERTURE 3.1"
In response to Reply # 0

Cupertino, US

I am using Aperture and have no problem importing the images.

kentak Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2010Thu 03-Feb-11 11:37 PM
918 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7000 RAW IMAGE PROCESSING WITH APPLE APERTURE 3.1"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 04-Feb-11 06:08 AM by kentak

US

I do use Aperture 3, but I don't have a D7000, so I can't speak with experience to your specific concerns, but will offer the following:

It's important to keep your Mac OS X updated to the latest version, which is 10.6.6 as of this date. Some components of RAW compatibility are provided through the operating system.

I also came across this support page with a RAW compatibility download that specifically lists the D7000 as a supported camera. It can't hurt to download and install that, I would think.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1339

Good luck.

luxor817 Registered since 06th Jan 2011Fri 04-Feb-11 02:35 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7000 RAW IMAGE PROCESSING WITH APPLE APERTURE 3.1"
In response to Reply # 4

US

I also had no problems using Aperture with NEF files from my D7000. I just recently switch over to Lightroom 3 and dont plan on going back to Aperture.

chroaz Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Apr 2009Fri 04-Feb-11 05:27 PM
661 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D7000 RAW IMAGE PROCESSING WITH APPLE APERTURE 3.1"
In response to Reply # 0

Cave Creek, US

Have had no problems at all with Aperture and the RAW files from the D7000 (and P7000) - since apple released the compatibility update. Current version of Aperture is 3.1.1.

Chris

When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.
- Ansel Adams

www.throughmeyelens.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5554 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.