Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5354
View in linear mode

Subject: "Memory cards for d7000" Previous topic | Next topic
Jodie Gold Member Nikonian since 05th Jan 2011Sat 29-Jan-11 04:34 PM
61 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Memory cards for d7000"

Perkiomenville, US

My D7000 just arrived from Amazon and I'm obsessing over the manual while watching it snow (again). Since I'm stuck inside, I'd like to order a couple of memory cards but am overwhelmed by the choices. My main interests are sports and wildlife. I don't shoot RAW. I'd like to have the option to use the video function.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!!

Jodie

No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Memory cards for d7000
billD80 Silver Member
29th Jan 2011
UrbanXC
29th Jan 2011
Livetohunt
30th Jan 2011
Jodie Gold Member
30th Jan 2011
waxart
30th Jan 2011
HayMower Silver Member
30th Jan 2011

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Sat 29-Jan-11 05:44 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Memory cards for d7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

My bias is to stay with name brands, from reputable dealers.

I've purchased Class 10/8GB cards from Sandisk. There are others...

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

UrbanXC Registered since 19th Nov 2010Sat 29-Jan-11 06:32 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Memory cards for d7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Arlington, US

I use SanDisk 30MB/sec (Class 10). I have two 32 GB cards in my D7000. I shoot raw + jpg fine, large and I get 637 shots on these cards with card 2 configured to back up card 1. These cards have never failed me in the D7000 or my D90.

Livetohunt Registered since 12th Jan 2011Sun 30-Jan-11 05:21 AM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Memory cards for d7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I am using Sandisk 8gb Class 10 cards in mine. I initially started out using the cheap class 4 cards, but I want to utilize the video portion of my camera eventually, so I upgraded to the class 10 cards.

Jodie Gold Member Nikonian since 05th Jan 2011Sun 30-Jan-11 11:17 AM
61 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Memory cards for d7000"
In response to Reply # 3

Perkiomenville, US

Thanks a lot. I looked on Amazon and there is an X46 and P31 "version" for the Sandisk 8GB Extreme. I can't tell if there is any difference from the descriptions given and the prices are about the same. Maybe there isn't a significant difference. Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

Jodie

No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill

waxart Registered since 16th Jan 2008Sun 30-Jan-11 04:52 PM
67 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Memory cards for d7000"
In response to Reply # 4

Vallejo, US

I am using 4GB Ridata SDHC cards in Slot 1. I always carry 4GB spares, as I shoot in 14-bit RAW. I prefer not to put 'all my eggs in one basket' in case a card malfunctions. Just realized I've been using these particular cards for 4 years without a single problem. They were very inexpensive. I reserve Slot 2 for an SDHC 8GB Class 10 card for video only. The brand is (shh...) Panasonic. It works just fine, but eventually I'd like an Xtreme for faster write speeds. I'm finding that my computer, although it is powerful in most respects, needs a higher capacity NVidia card for high resolution movies. There's no limit to the amount of money you can spend on photographic equipment!

HayMower Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2008Sun 30-Jan-11 06:44 PM
188 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Memory cards for d7000"
In response to Reply # 5

US

>There's no limit to the amount of money
>you can spend on photographic equipment!

True.

I'm using the following 8Gb cards in my D7000:

SanDisk Ultra class 4
Lexar Platinum 100x class 6
Lexar Professional 133x class 10

All are working just fine for stills. Have used all in continuous mode (for just a second or two at basketball games)with no apparent differences. I don't know about video performance, since the only video that I've taken has been to test for hot pixels - had one before the firmware update, zero after.

Hillbilly Harry - in the Missouri Ozarks.

D7000
D40X
AF-S 10-24
AF-S 18-55 VR
AF-S 55-300 VR
AF-S 50 1.4G
AF-S 35 1.8G
SB400
Nikon closeup attachments 0, 1, 3T, 4T

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5354 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.