Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5293
View in linear mode

Subject: "New D7000 images" Previous topic | Next topic
wingnutt Registered since 02nd Jan 2011Thu 27-Jan-11 06:34 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"New D7000 images"

NZ

After just purchasing a new D7000
I have finally posted 2 images that I think are worthy of comment

http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=18001

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Thu 27-Jan-11 08:18 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: New D7000 images"
In response to Reply # 0

US

>After just purchasing a new D7000
>I have finally posted 2 images that I think are worthy of
>comment

These are great. Well done!

Question: Why did you shoot at 1/30th @ f/14? You may have a great reason for doing so, but if not, diffraction, lessening sharpness, sets in on your lens past f/11. Plus, a smaller aperture necessitates a longer shutter speed, increasing likelihood of shake.

The sweet spot, aperture wise, on your lens is between f/8-f/11.
http://www.slrgear.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/130/cat/all

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

wingnutt Registered since 02nd Jan 2011Thu 27-Jan-11 09:11 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: New D7000 images"
In response to Reply # 1

NZ

Interesting you ask

I bought the D7000 on a whim on new years eve as I wanted to get into a hobbie (I did photography for one year at design school in the early 80's and nothing since
It a hangover from then when I had a film camera and shutting down to f22 was the ideal for landscapes (at least that is how I remember it)

I have been trawling forums etc with gusto since and actually about 3 nites ago, after I got back from holiday I read that stopping down 2 stops was the ideal and not the old standard
So now I'm trying to remember the new factoid

Cheers for the insite

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Fri 28-Jan-11 08:25 PM
4109 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: New D7000 images"
In response to Reply # 2

Seattle, WA, US

The sweet spot varies from lens to lens, but is usually in the f/5.6 to f/11 range.

---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D200, 17-55mm f/2.8 DX, 70-200mm f/2.8 VR, 50mm f/1.4 D
18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX, 70-300mm f/4-5.6 ED, D70S

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Fri 28-Jan-11 09:40 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: New D7000 images"
In response to Reply # 3

US

>The sweet spot varies from lens to lens, but is usually in
>the f/5.6 to f/11 range.

With the Sigma 50mm f/1.4, the sweetspot, for sharpness, is around f/4.

It depends on the lens. Generally, 2 stops from wide open gets you well inside the ball park. But there are exceptions. The Sigma 8-16mm is best from wide open to a stop down...

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5293 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.