Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5259
View in linear mode

Subject: "Something wrong in my new D7000 sensor or processor?" Previous topic | Next topic
ristop123 Registered since 26th Jan 2011Wed 26-Jan-11 06:04 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Something wrong in my new D7000 sensor or processor?"
Wed 26-Jan-11 06:29 PM by ristop123

FI

Hi!

I made a dng profile for my new D7000 for Lightroom 3.3 using Adobe's dng editor. I took picture about color checker A4 chart. Settigns were ISO100, f4,5, 1/40 sec using camera stand with flash light.

Everything goes correctly but then I zoomed the color checker chart picture and I was surprised: The pixels were quite different colored so brightness of the pizels vares very much. I made same procedure with my D40 and I didn't noticed same kind of effect.

Test pictures can be found at (pictures are saved in tiff format and if you want to zoom those you must first save those in your computer and then open it in some photoviewer to take closer look of pictures):

http://patsin.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Nikon+D7000+Color+Checker+test/

Is there really something wrong in my camera or is it just an imagination of mine?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

WJMcIntosh Registered since 22nd Jan 2011Thu 27-Jan-11 04:28 AM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Something wrong in my new D7000 sensor or processor?"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 27-Jan-11 04:28 AM by WJMcIntosh

US

I think others will have a more specific answer for you, but I just had a similar experience with Photoshop CS 5 Camera Raw. First I had to update Camera Raw so that it would actually open Raw files from the D7000, but after I did this, one of my files was completely blown out, while the NEF file in iphoto looked fine.

My guess is that it's not the camera, but Lightroom and CS5 aren't quite up to speed yet with the D7000 RAW files. Just a guess...

My Nikonians gallery

My Flickr page

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Thu 27-Jan-11 08:21 PM
2120 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Something wrong in my new D7000 sensor or processor?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

>My guess is that it's not the camera, but Lightroom and CS5
>aren't quite up to speed yet with the D7000 RAW files. Just a
>guess...

Could be wrong, but I believe only View NX2 and Capture NX2 will "properly" and fully decode and open NEF files.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

pdekman Gold Member Winner in The Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded as a regular contributor who offers in-depth knowledge to members who are interested in building efficient work flows. Nikonian since 17th Nov 2005Thu 27-Jan-11 11:55 AM
1007 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Something wrong in my new D7000 sensor or processor?"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 27-Jan-11 11:56 AM by pdekman

Swisher, US

The color crop is pretty small, so hard to tell. I don't see anything that would say you have a significant problem. Overall, the color chart seems a bit unerexposed - was the histogram appropriate? Also, the D7000 will show substantially more detail over the D40 with the higher resolution sensor which could account for pixel-to-pixel variance.

Are you pleased with your images in general?

Paul
My Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5259 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.