Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5023
View in linear mode

Subject: "U1/U2 settings" Previous topic | Next topic
simondyer Registered since 20th Jan 2011Fri 21-Jan-11 12:55 PM
36 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"U1/U2 settings"

Banbury, Oxon, GB

Can anybody give me some ideas for settings on the above?

Just so that I can start to adjust and play with for myself?

Regards,

Simon

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jadiniz Registered since 25th Dec 2010Fri 21-Jan-11 03:14 PM
350 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: U1/U2 settings"
In response to Reply # 0

Estoril, PT

I'm still trying to come up with ideas myself.

For the time being, I've set U1 to be Manual mode plus the pop-up as Commander for a remote CLS with the Fn button doing Fv lock, and U2 to try out using the AF-AE hold button as an AF-ON button, plus some other minor different settings.

On the standard modes I've got the pop-up working as a classic flash, focus is achieved throuh the half-pressed shutter button, and the Fn button selects ADR modes.

I'll be watching this thread for some ideas.

http://egozarolho.blogspot.com
1. Good content, good aesthetics and good tecnique. On that order.
2. Light is more important than glass and pixels.
3. In the digital photography process, software is as important as gear.

akjim907 Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Aug 2004Fri 21-Jan-11 06:51 PM
288 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: U1/U2 settings"
In response to Reply # 0

Anchorage, US

>Can anybody give me some ideas for settings on the above?
>
>Just so that I can start to adjust and play with for myself?
>
>Regards,
>
>Simon

Check out "chroaz" the very first post in this forum is a zipped spreadsheet with some suggestions for User 1 & 2 setting, i found it helpful.

-Cheers

Jim - Nikonian in Alaska

www.jimjensen.org

simondyer Registered since 20th Jan 2011Sat 22-Jan-11 11:40 AM
36 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: U1/U2 settings"
In response to Reply # 2

Banbury, Oxon, GB

Thanks, Guy's! I will also be looking, have downloaded spreadsheet to fathom it out, lol!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5023 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.