Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4988
View in linear mode

Subject: "2 Questions: Car Show & Aperture Priority Mode?" Previous topic | Next topic
MrsG Registered since 22nd Dec 2010Thu 20-Jan-11 02:48 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"2 Questions: Car Show & Aperture Priority Mode?"

US

First question... well a comment, then a question: I'm reading Understanding Exposure and it is awesome, thank you for recommending it! My question, which has nothing to do with that, is I'm going to a car show tomorrow. I'm still learning a lot and I wondered if there were any quick tips to think about if I want to take some shots of the cars and/or people. We'll be inside, probably a lot of people around. I'll just have my D7000 and the 18-105mm lens, since that is all I have. I have found that any photos I take inside, I must use my on-camera flash, because I just must not know how to adjust the shutter speed correctly for lower light since everything without the flash is blurry (and I'm not using a tripod).

Second question is that I've read about several professional photographers who says that they mostly stay in Aperture Priority mode for most of their shots. Is this right? It seems so easy to stay in Aperture Priority mode. I've been staying mostly in that mode right now, but that's because I'm still learning about how to change my settings and I wanted to start with one thing at a time. Is the camera that good at judging shutter speed that I should be able to stay in this mode most of the time?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Thu 20-Jan-11 04:10 PM
48483 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: 2 Questions: Car Show & Aperture Priority Mode?"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Hi Ella,

I would use A-Mode (5.6 or 8.0) with the Auto-ISO function.

Check out the manual for Auto-ISO.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4988 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.