Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4877
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 and CS5 Spot Healing Brush" Previous topic | Next topic
Sventek Registered since 23rd Dec 2007Tue 18-Jan-11 12:39 PM
103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 and CS5 Spot Healing Brush"

Perth, AU

I've noticed that the spot healing brush in CS5 doesn't seem to work that well with the images from my D7000. It seems to leave an after-image of what's been removed, to the point where I have to use the clone tool to remove something completely. Has anyone else found this?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 and CS5 Spot Healing Brush
rasworth
18th Jan 2011
Sventek
18th Jan 2011
briantilley Moderator
18th Jan 2011
Sventek
18th Jan 2011
rasworth
18th Jan 2011
Sventek
18th Jan 2011
DVDMike Silver Member
18th Jan 2011
JPJ Silver Member
18th Jan 2011

rasworth Basic MemberTue 18-Jan-11 01:31 PM
1191 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 and CS5 Spot Healing Brush"
In response to Reply # 0

Austin, US

In CS5 the spot healing brush defaults to "content aware", which is a completely new function. Try other modes, change normal to replace, etc.

Richard Southworth

Sventek Registered since 23rd Dec 2007Tue 18-Jan-11 01:53 PM
103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 and CS5 Spot Healing Brush"
In response to Reply # 1

Perth, AU

Yes, but it's a different behaviour of the same function, depending on the camera. It's as though there's something about the D7000's image file that causes a glitch. I'll try and post an example of what I mean tomorrow.

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Tue 18-Jan-11 03:07 PM
28752 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 and CS5 Spot Healing Brush"
In response to Reply # 2

Paignton, GB

>I'll try and post an example of what I mean tomorrow.

I would suggest doing that over in our Adobe Software Forum

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Sventek Registered since 23rd Dec 2007Tue 18-Jan-11 10:53 PM
#5. "RE: D7000 and CS5 Spot Healing Brush"
In response to Reply # 3

Perth, AU

OK, but I thought because it was something related more to the D7000 that this would be the best place to post it.

rasworth Basic MemberTue 18-Jan-11 05:33 PM
1191 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7000 and CS5 Spot Healing Brush"
In response to Reply # 2
Tue 18-Jan-11 07:42 PM by rasworth

Austin, US

I suppose anything is possible, but once an image is rendered within Photoshop it's an array of pixels, each with RGB values, so that it's hard to imagine why a Photoshop function would operate differently for different camera models. Perhaps the resolution, sharpening, saturation, or whatever, for images from the D7000 is causing a difference.

I'm trying to remain polite, but it makes no sense that different camera brands alone would have an effect upon photoshop tool operation.

Richard Southworth

Sventek Registered since 23rd Dec 2007Tue 18-Jan-11 10:55 PM
#7. "RE: D7000 and CS5 Spot Healing Brush"
In response to Reply # 4

Perth, AU

>I suppose anything is possible, but once an image is rendered
>within Photoshop it's an array of pixels, each with RGB
>values, so that it's hard to imagine why a Photoshop function
>would operate differently for different camera models.
>Perhaps the resolution, sharpening, saturation, or whatever,
>for images from the D7000 is causing a difference.
>
>I'm trying to remain polite, but it makes no sense that
>different camera brands alone would have an effect upon
>photoshop tool operation.
>
I'm glad you're trying to remain polite,because I don't think any other sort of response would be called for.

I was thinking that a possibility would lie in the recent update to ACR, which had to be changed to include images from the D7000 (among others).

DVDMike Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2003Tue 18-Jan-11 10:55 PM
2205 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D7000 and CS5 Spot Healing Brush"
In response to Reply # 2

Metro Atlanta, US

You will need to create the same image with another camera for a good test to tell that the specific camera is the difference.

I have been using the new content aware version the last several months and the old versions in prior versions, and I can say that not all areas of all images work well with the spot healing brush. I have never noticed a camera specific issue. It sounds unlikely. But post images with two cameras so that we can see the difference.

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009Tue 18-Jan-11 11:15 PM
1327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: D7000 and CS5 Spot Healing Brush"
In response to Reply # 1

Toronto, CA

I used spot healing on a bunch of d90 pictures, at late as ones taken in the fall and have been using it on some taken with my d7000 since I got it in late October, I don't notice any difference in the application of it.

Spot healing is great but it doesn't always work. Without images it is nearly impossible to say much. I don't think this is an issue with ACR but rather the application of spot healing.

Jason

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4877 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.