Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4755
View in linear mode

Subject: "LCD Protector for D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
digitalandfilm Registered since 13th Nov 2010Sat 15-Jan-11 05:28 PM
167 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"LCD Protector for D7000"

US

I had this on my Olympus E-30 and was very happy.

Found it for the D7000 with TWO protectors for both LCD's

"All intervening steps.. scribbles, sketches, drawings, failed work, models, studies, thoughts, conversations.. are of interest"

My website: http://www.digitalandfilm.com

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: LCD Protector for D7000
epicdream Silver Member
15th Jan 2011
billD80 Silver Member
15th Jan 2011
epicdream Silver Member
15th Jan 2011
PROWLER69 Silver Member
15th Jan 2011
digitalandfilm
16th Jan 2011
Sunway
16th Jan 2011
briantilley Moderator
16th Jan 2011
Sunway
16th Jan 2011
briantilley Moderator
16th Jan 2011
Sunway
16th Jan 2011
gregeh
16th Jan 2011
Sunway
16th Jan 2011
gregeh
16th Jan 2011
Sunway
17th Jan 2011
omarwiseman
16th Jan 2011
ricrac50
30th Jan 2011
Reply message Zagg LCD Protector for D7000
BillboTex
19th Jan 2011
     Reply message RE: Zagg LCD Protector for D7000
RickMz
20th Jan 2011
srosengard
19th Jan 2011
newton124
19th Jan 2011
ronaldbegg Silver Member
19th Jan 2011
ronaldbegg Silver Member
30th Jan 2011

epicdream Silver Member Charter MemberSat 15-Jan-11 06:17 PM
189 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Cambridge, GB

I received exactly the same protector last week. Works like a charm, very nice.

Neill

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Sat 15-Jan-11 07:05 PM
2118 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 1

US

>I received exactly the same protector last week. Works like a
>charm, very nice.

Can you compare the "look" or view of images between the glass protector and the plastic snap-on one Nikon supplies. I'm toying with making a change.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

epicdream Silver Member Charter MemberSat 15-Jan-11 10:18 PM
189 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 2

Cambridge, GB

Hi Bill

I have attached a couple of pictures of the screen on my D7K below (sorry about the quality, my iPhone was all I had to hand). It should give you a rough idea.

It's hard to compare with the Nikon clip-on cover as I have only had my camera for a couple of weeks. The real test is a few months down the line when the Nikon cover becomes scratched (which, as you probably know, is very easy to do) or gets grit wedged in between that and the screen.

It is similar to the Giottos screen I have on my D200, which has gone through hell and back yet still looks awesome! There appears to be no degradation in the screen image quality and it fits perfectly.

I would imagine the real test will be 6-12 months down the line to really see if the screen holds up well to abuse. At the moment, it is looking good.

Any other questions, feel free to ask!

Neill

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

PROWLER69 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Sat 15-Jan-11 11:12 PM
236 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 3

Wading River, US

I had the Giottos on my D-90 which I just sold. It was on for over two years and still in perfect condition. That said, it appears in OP that the package has two screen protectors ie top and back. I looked on their site and only see one pkg., for the back. Where did you get it from.?
Eddie

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name in a Swiss bank account".
Woody Allen

http://edmund-365imagesin2009.blogspot.com/
http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/gallery/view_img.php?id=27273

http://www.pbase.com/tomcat68/root

digitalandfilm Registered since 13th Nov 2010Sun 16-Jan-11 05:02 AM
167 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 4

US

>OP that the package has two screen protectors ie
>top and back. I looked on their site and only see one pkg.,
>for the back. Where did you get it from.?
>Eddie

http://cgi.ebay.com/GGS-LCD-Screen-Protector-glass-Nikon-D7000-O7E-/230573163519?pt=Digital_Camera_Accessories&hash=item35af3b43ff

"All intervening steps.. scribbles, sketches, drawings, failed work, models, studies, thoughts, conversations.. are of interest"

My website: http://www.digitalandfilm.com

Sunway Registered since 28th Jan 2010Sun 16-Jan-11 08:45 AM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 2
Sun 16-Jan-11 10:49 AM by Sunway

London, GB

The high transparency is probably the key factor coming with it, besides there is no influence of ultraviolet light/high-low temperature, well 7H hardness (truly hard and lasting). I prefer GGS lll which uses no adhesive material and it’s easy to remove. But it's not like GSS causes much of problem with its adhesive border. More caution needed removing GSS - don’t lift the corners hard but use sliding thin card (or plastic) around the edges style. GGS lll is still not out for d7000 but d90 (or d700 I guess too) fits precisely so. Just the little logo is different. I expect d7000 version out any time. The original Nikon plastic cover reduces visual quality of display considerably in comparison. The glass is impact resistant. I buy it from the US, haven't found source in the UK.

Best,

Hynek

www.sunwaysite.com

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Sun 16-Jan-11 09:03 AM
28309 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 6

Paignton, GB

>I buy it from the US, haven't found source in the UK.

These GGS glass screen protectors are available in the UK from Cameraclean

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Sunway Registered since 28th Jan 2010Sun 16-Jan-11 09:53 AM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 7

London, GB

Thanks Brian..
This is the GGS original version, I use the last GGS lll (non sticky one). Perhaps is due soon in the UK too from somewhere, I'll need it straight after it's out though thus reckoning on the US purchase.

Thanks again,

Hynek

www.sunwaysite.com

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Sun 16-Jan-11 10:34 AM
28309 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 8

Paignton, GB

Cameraclean also offer the "third generation" protectors. I'm sure they will have the D7000 version for sale as soon as it arrives in the UK.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Sunway Registered since 28th Jan 2010Sun 16-Jan-11 10:43 AM
#10. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 9

London, GB

That is excellent.. I see it now. It’s mostly advertised more loud, looks like very creditable site to remember.

Thanks Brian, very handy tip!

Hynek

www.sunwaysite.com

gregeh Registered since 08th Jan 2011Sun 16-Jan-11 03:33 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 10

Ottawa, CA

Although I haven't seen it first hand, I hear the GGS III for the D90 'fits the D7000 like a glove', anyone actually tried it?

Sunway Registered since 28th Jan 2010Sun 16-Jan-11 06:33 PM
#12. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 11
Sun 16-Jan-11 06:35 PM by Sunway

London, GB

Hi gregeh,

yes it looks like a common practice. I know for a fact it fits as firm as it does on d90 – I clicked it on myself. My GGS got broken on an emergency when I was removing all parts of the camera – my d90 with 16-35/4 got under water bath for 2 seconds – to achieve best drying effect possible. An accident I described a few times elsewhere led me to act immediately as for card, lens and eventually the camera. That’s the reason I use only click on version since. There was a high time to order them so I checked the d90’s one on d7000. My plans got changed due to weather and we can afford waiting – and ideally get the d7000 one I’d prefer. There are other parts in question though not interesting for me at the moment but there may be a slight change in the shape of the outer part of the frame (lcd cover) too. If you are not bothered or need a solution the cover fits d7000 perfect. Once you experienced the GGS you don’t think of using plastic ones.

Btw, the d90 got out with no harm whatsoever. Perhaps sort of dust seal on 2 year old camera helped too in places. It may be I was somewhat weakened by Lyme disease of which cure was just coming to the end – long time antibiotics etc (it wasn’t exactly early stage). And normally don’t fall into the rivers up to my neck on freezing mornings - the 16-35/4 absolutely fine as well as the sundisc 8 G card. But I and my wife did everything possible for it at the place - and then the d90 was kept under dust free conditions but in very dry environment - open as much as possible for a week.

Best,

Hynek

www.sunwaysite.com

gregeh Registered since 08th Jan 2011Sun 16-Jan-11 09:04 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 12

Ottawa, CA

Hi Hynek,

Wow, sounds like quite a test for the D90 (water) and you (water and lime!). Hope you at least got the shot and have fully recovered.

Rgds ... Greg

Sunway Registered since 28th Jan 2010Mon 17-Jan-11 10:53 AM
#15. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 13

London, GB

Thanks Greg.. we just lost one day by this very happy overall (only dry thing for me was my wife’s sleeping dress) and the antibiotic course paid off thank God - fast action (infusions) at Cambridge Ward in particular. It's kind of a rarity at London hospitals, more seen in countryside regions and I guess in the US (the origin). I ignored symptoms long time.

Hynek

www.sunwaysite.com

omarwiseman Registered since 08th Oct 2010Sun 16-Jan-11 09:26 PM
11 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 11
Sun 16-Jan-11 09:33 PM by omarwiseman

US

>Although I haven't seen it first hand, I hear the GGS III for
>the D90 'fits the D7000 like a glove', anyone actually tried
>it?
Inlcudes cover for eyepiece (glue) small LCD(glue) and large LCD (snaps in place/ no glue)- Works like a charm - available at amazon.com/gp/product/B003XCHBH2/ref=oss_product

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ricrac50 Registered since 06th Jan 2011Sun 30-Jan-11 04:12 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#21. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 14

US

The D90 version fits great on the D7000. But not perfect. It does interfere slightly with the operation of the multi-selector. I have pretty small hands and still have a little trouble pushing the left side of the selector.

BillboTex Registered since 23rd Nov 2010Wed 19-Jan-11 02:13 PM
123 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "Zagg LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 1

Houston, US

I had a Zagg protector installed by the Zaqg guy at the mall, on a Panasonic G2, and fit was perfect, and extremely protective (even to key scratches).

Thinking of having the same done on my D7k, both LCDs. Anyone else done this yet?

TIA

MY SETUP
Nikon D7000 with zoomNIKKOR AF-S DX 10-24mm f3.5,
Tamron AF 18-270mm Macro f3.5 Di II VC LD
and Tamron AF 180mm f/3.5 Di SP A/M FEC LD (IF) 1:1 Macro
Nikon R1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System,
ZacutoEVF Pro
Two SanDisk 32GB EXTREME PRO SDHC-UHS-1 (45MB/S)
viewNX2 captureNX2 NIKCompleteCollection Ultimate
Photo Mechanic 4.6.6 Annotate Pro
Vegas Movio Studio 10 Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 14

RickMz Registered since 13th Oct 2006Thu 20-Jan-11 10:06 PM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#20. "RE: Zagg LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 17

Navarre, US

>I had a Zagg protector installed by the Zaqg guy at the mall,
>on a Panasonic G2, and fit was perfect, and extremely
>protective (even to key scratches).
>
>Thinking of having the same done on my D7k, both LCDs. Anyone
>else done this yet?
>
>TIA

Love Zagg covers on my MacBook Pro, iPhone, iPod, and iPad. If they make one for the 7000, I'm in!! 

Rick Montanez
D700, D7000/SB-700 and D-80/SB-800

srosengard Basic MemberWed 19-Jan-11 01:02 PM
94 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

What I have done, is to tie a small piece of fishing line from the LCD cover to the camera body. This puts a short leash on the LCD cover. I did this on my D70 and D80 and have never lost a protector.

Steve

newton124 Registered since 18th Nov 2009Wed 19-Jan-11 02:42 PM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

The real question is: are these necessary any more? Do a web search on Gorilla Glass. It's a product out of Corning Glass that's being used widely on ton of the newest lcd devices. Both my new Nokia N8 and Dell Streak have them and it's an amazing product. They are both touch screen devices and I use them on a daily basis. Finger prints & smudges galore, but when you wipe them down they still look they just came out of the box - not a mark on them. The product is designed to take abuse.

So, the question is: does Nikon use this product on their displays? If so, you don't need any of these covers. If not, give them a call and tell them to.

BTW - I do have a set of these on my D200. Unless you look closely, you can't tell they're there. On the fence as to whether or not I should get them for my D7000 until I find out if it's already got Gorilla Glass.

Also, I'm not affiliated with Corning - just a happy customer.

ronaldbegg Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2010Wed 19-Jan-11 05:52 PM
104 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#19. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 18

Ocean Grove, AU

>The real question is: are these necessary any more? Do a web
>search on Gorilla Glass. It's a product out of Corning Glass
>that's being used widely on ton of the newest lcd devices.

>So, the question is: does Nikon use this product on their
>displays? If so, you don't need any of these covers. If not,
>give them a call and tell them to.

Interesting thread, just received mine from eBay, not fitted as yet.

ronaldbegg Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2010Sun 30-Jan-11 04:52 AM
104 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#22. "RE: LCD Protector for D7000"
In response to Reply # 19

Ocean Grove, AU

>Interesting thread, just received mine from eBay, not fitted
>as yet.

I have since popped mine on, too easy and looks great.

Ron

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4755 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.