Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4742
View in linear mode

Subject: "F- - error on D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
danksj Registered since 15th Jan 2011Sat 15-Jan-11 11:31 AM
11 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"F- - error on D7000"

GB

I have had my D7000 with the 18-105 kit lens for 2 weeks as an upgrade from the D40. Imeadiately I started getting the f- - error (lens not registerd with body)I tried 3 different Nikon cpu lenses + a sigma 10-20 all gave the same intermitent error but all where fine on the D40 including the new kit lens. I returned it to the store but they said it was fine when they tried it. Now got it back and if anything its even worse cant get any lens to register at all. I have reseated it many times and tried cleaning the conacts (not with any liquids mind) Any thoughts before I contact Nikon service.
Thank

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sat 15-Jan-11 12:18 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: F- - error on D7000"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 15-Jan-11 12:19 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

Welcome to Nikonians,

Are you sure you have the lens fully seated and the lens lock pin has engaged. Some lens mounts are very tight, so you need to make sure the lens is fully seated. Try wiggling the lens without depressing the lens release button and see if the lens moves cw or ccw.

If you bought the camera at a local store, take the camera and lenses to the store for them to inspect both.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

danksj Registered since 15th Jan 2011Sat 15-Jan-11 08:45 PM
11 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: F- - error on D7000"
In response to Reply # 1

GB

Thanks George recon I have tried every wrigle there is with or without the button pressed. One interesting thing, may or may not be relevant, if the cmd dial is on A app priority it indicates f0 and I can take a shot, which is vertually blank. On all other cmd dial positions I get the flashing f- -. As I say have returned it to the store and they said they could not replicate the fault so I am loosing faith in them. Recon it will be a return to Nikon.

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Sat 15-Jan-11 08:59 PM
11293 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: F- - error on D7000"
In response to Reply # 2

Lowden, US

Take the camera and your lenses back to the store (talk to a manager) and make them mount the lens in front of you and show you that it works. If they won’t help you then you should be sure to never give them your business again.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

danksj Registered since 15th Jan 2011Sun 16-Jan-11 09:23 AM
#4. "RE: F- - error on D7000"
In response to Reply # 3

GB

Thanks Dave store is 200 miles away - my next step is to call Nikon UK and the store again see where we go from there. Must be a fault with the camera circuits I recon.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4742 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.