Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4723
View in linear mode

Subject: "Guide for Nikon D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
Marlin4E Registered since 14th Jan 2011Fri 14-Jan-11 03:44 PM
46 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Guide for Nikon D7000"

Hamilton, US

Are there any guides that this forum would recommend for the Nikon D7000? I have used Thom Hogan's guide for the D70 and D300 in the past. But he will not be publishing one for the D7000 until he gets back from Latin America.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Guide for Nikon D7000
chroaz Gold Member
14th Jan 2011
captainkev
24th Jan 2011
bradbort Silver Member
30th Jan 2011
KnightPhoto Gold Member
21st Jan 2011
Gamecocks Silver Member
31st Jan 2011

chroaz Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Apr 2009Fri 14-Jan-11 11:50 PM
665 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Guide for Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Cave Creek, US

I believe one of the only ones out there right now is the Nikon D7000 Digital Field Guide by J. Dennis Thomas - available from Amazon - Mike Hagen was the technical editor on it. Also Doug Klostermann now has an e-book out too - available at his website:

http://dojoklo.wordpress.com/

Cheers!

Chris

When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.
- Ansel Adams

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

www.throughmeyelens.com

captainkev Registered since 24th Jan 2011Mon 24-Jan-11 07:56 PM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Guide for Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 1

Washington Township, US

just downloaded the Field Guide on Ibooks. Looks to be a good read

bradbort Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Oct 2006Sun 30-Jan-11 09:54 PM
85 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Guide for Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 1

somerville, US

I was really impressed with Thomas book, and I did not expect to be.

Its quite lucid, and actually gives the best description of the P mode that I have read in any manual ever. It explains why I have been frustrated with it at times. I had no idea it was smart enough to understand the focal length of a lens, and attempt to adjust the slowest shutter speed for hand holding accordingly.

At any rate, I found this guide to be really really useful. It was so good that when I left it in a rest. recently, I bought another for my Kindle.

Waiting for Thom H's book also, but just because I like to geek out!

Brad

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Fri 21-Jan-11 07:37 PM
4209 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Guide for Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Alberta, CA

I'm waiting for Thom's - I like his advanced level of information. I end up using them more as a reference than a guide. But initially I do scan through his quickly to guide my camera setup.

And here I thought his site had gone all-quiet cause he was beavering away on the D7000 guide. But unfortunately he was stuck in Chile.
www.bythom.com

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Mon 31-Jan-11 01:13 AM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Guide for Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Joanna, US

Barnes and Noble Bookstore carries the "D7000 for Dummies" for $29.99. You can find it online by searching for the title. I believe it has around 300 pages (+-) with color photos showing the different menu items and how to use them. They also have a cheat sheet you can get at the online site.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4723 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.