Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4664
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 Availability" Previous topic | Next topic
srosengard Basic MemberThu 13-Jan-11 01:27 AM
94 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 Availability"

US

Does anyone have any idea, when the D7000 Body only will be available in stores?? I fully understand this is a Nikon question, but hopping this someone may have an idea. The reason I dont want to just buy it online, is I would really like to put one in my hands. my feeling is they are too expensive and I like to see and feel it before I spend that kind of money

Steve

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Availability
snapsh0t
13th Jan 2011
ericbowles Moderator
13th Jan 2011
DVDMike Silver Member
17th Jan 2011
philipl Gold Member
13th Jan 2011
Len Shepherd Gold Member
13th Jan 2011
srosengard
13th Jan 2011
Relaskop Silver Member
14th Jan 2011
PRADATTA
14th Jan 2011
Screeper
14th Jan 2011
km6xz Moderator
14th Jan 2011
Marlin4E
14th Jan 2011
winclk
15th Jan 2011
Jeeves Silver Member
15th Jan 2011

snapsh0t Registered since 30th Aug 2009Thu 13-Jan-11 06:07 AM
157 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 Availability"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

I walked into my localish camera shop (~20 miles is local round here) on December 28th and they were in stock. One came home with me....
Okay, this is in the UK rather than US but it's unusual for us to have better supplies than you.

Jonathan

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Thu 13-Jan-11 11:00 AM
8513 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 Availability"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

They are in stores now but due to the waiting lists are moving through quickly. Try places like Best Buy. You can also try it as a kit which has better availability in order to assee the feel in your hands of the new camera.

While the D7000 is a little more expensive than predecessors like the D90, it is a very good camera. The D90 is reported to be discontinued in the neear future. On a tight budget it might be a good option.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

DVDMike Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2003Mon 17-Jan-11 06:00 PM
2197 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: D7000 Availability"
In response to Reply # 2

Metro Atlanta, US

I was in my local Best Buy today and asked if they had any D7000 and after looking in the locked up area below the counter they said that they did. I asked if it was "body only" or "kit" and they said that it was the kit and they do not carry just the body. I am not sure if the part about them carrying only kits is true or not . But that is what the salesperson told me. Note that they did not have a display or even a price card saying suggesting that they might have a D7000. So you have to ask.

philipl Gold Member Nikonian since 31st May 2007Thu 13-Jan-11 01:09 PM
1738 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 Availability"
In response to Reply # 0

Oxford, US

Try Cameta's Ebay store. They have just the camera:

http://stores.ebay.com/Cameta-Camera/Digital-Cameras-Nikon-/_i.html?_nkw=nikon+d7000&_fsub=3&_sid=27280321&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Philip

Do not settle for mediocrity. Rather strive for excellence for even in that attempt lies a measure of success.

My Gallery

Len Shepherd Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2003Thu 13-Jan-11 06:48 PM
12722 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7000 Availability"
In response to Reply # 0

Yorkshire, GB

In the UK the D7000 body only has become readily available at 10% discount within the last week.

Photography is a bit like archery. A technically better camera, lens or arrow may not hit the target as often as it could if the photographer or archer does not practice enough.

Len Shepherd

srosengard Basic MemberThu 13-Jan-11 07:44 PM
94 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7000 Availability"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Since the US is always behind the UX, (ha ha) maybe we can expect to see them soon

Relaskop Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Aug 2006Fri 14-Jan-11 03:06 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D7000 Availability"
In response to Reply # 5

Jacksonville, US

I bought mine, body plus choice of lens, from F-11 Photo in Bozeman (MT) where I buy most of my gear. Had them ship it to me in FL.

PRADATTA Registered since 10th Jan 2011Fri 14-Jan-11 04:35 AM
23 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: D7000 Availability"
In response to Reply # 0

New Delhi, IN

Hi! In India it is available in Nikon Store but not any discount ..Availability is not much..I got mine after a long waiting and lot of persuasion...Regards Pradipta

Screeper Registered since 25th Sep 2010Fri 14-Jan-11 07:42 AM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: D7000 Availability"
In response to Reply # 0

ZA

What is the thinking behind Nikon providing less 'body-only' and more 'body+kit' stock?

I feel that supplying with a kit lens is more apt for someone looking at the D3100 when you are still new to the DSLR world.
With a D7000 I would think that the majority of buyers already have lenses they want and just want the body? (Or am I completely wrong here?)
Everywhere I look the 'body-only' option sells out immediately but there is usually always stock if you go for the D7000+18-105mm combo.

------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Fri 14-Jan-11 08:09 AM
3295 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: D7000 Availability"
In response to Reply # 8

St Petersburg, RU

At first any D7000, with or without the kit lens will sell so it does make some sense when there is a limited supply, to ensure all will be snapped up. A body only appeals to prior owners of Nikon cameras(or beginners with intentions of buying a 3rd party lens first....which is also a disadvantage to Nikon).
Being the D90 replacement, they are following the same policy as they used with the D90. A great many people buying the D90 and D7000 are first time DSLR owners.
As supple starts catching up, there is surplus to supply the body only sales.
Here, the kits were late in arriving but the body only was available a couple weeks later but only on prepaid ordering from the chain store's main warehouse. In a couple weeks body only should be available most places off the shelf.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Marlin4E Registered since 14th Jan 2011Fri 14-Jan-11 03:54 PM
46 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: D7000 Availability"
In response to Reply # 0

Hamilton, US

I ordered a body from Ritz Camera on Monday, January 10th. I was # 248 on their order list. They got a 1000 in that day. I do not know how many were bodys only. I picked my body up yesterday, Jan 13th. I bought it at the local camera shop.

winclk Registered since 15th Jan 2007Sat 15-Jan-11 03:29 AM
119 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: D7000 Availability"
In response to Reply # 10
Sat 15-Jan-11 03:31 AM by winclk

philadelphia, US

Just ordered mine the other day from Ritz Camera and I should get it on monday.

Jeeves Silver Member Charter MemberSat 15-Jan-11 03:37 PM
47 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: D7000 Availability"
In response to Reply # 11

Bangalore, IN

Had not heard of the D7000 until I got a copy of Popular Photography on Zinio this morning (guess Ive been out of touch lately!) Called my friend who is a dealer to book one and he says "come over I have a few in stock". And that's just what I did..went and got it! Initial pictures are fantastic and it definitely feels better than my D90.
My friend tells me that Nikon ships to India on priority as they think it's a great future market.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4664 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.