Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4376
View in linear mode

Subject: "Document your D7000 settings" Previous topic | Next topic
Murseeker Registered since 21st Dec 2010Thu 06-Jan-11 07:57 PM
24 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Document your D7000 settings"

Breitenbach, CH

Recently I was sitting in an airport lounge waiting for a delayed flight. As you can imagine, this is really boring. Just for fun I started to put the menu and the default values of the D7k into an Excel table. Later on I started to add the settings of Mike Hagen and Ken Rockwell into the list. I have no idea if this exists already, but if it is of use for you, please feel free to get it from here. So, this became a nice tool for me to compare settings (including my own ones). Probably I'm not going to maintain this for myself, but if you give me a hint for other useful D7k settings I'm happy to update this list for a short period of time.

Andy

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

wkramer Registered since 03rd Dec 2010Thu 06-Jan-11 09:18 PM
108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Document your D7000 settings"
In response to Reply # 0

Port Washington/New York, US

Glad to see a spreadsheet with all the settings. It's a keeper.

Thanks,

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

wingnutt Registered since 02nd Jan 2011Thu 06-Jan-11 09:42 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Document your D7000 settings"
In response to Reply # 1

NZ

Awesome for a noobi to look compare and learn
Cheers

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Fri 07-Jan-11 12:25 AM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Document your D7000 settings"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Thanks for the work on this!

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

chroaz Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Apr 2009Fri 07-Jan-11 01:07 AM
666 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Document your D7000 settings"
In response to Reply # 0

Cave Creek, US

Last year I adapted a spreadsheet created by Nikonian Scott Winders (and which was inspired by Don McVey) to record the settings for my D300s.

I recently got hold of my D7000 and have completely re-writtten the spreadsheet for the D7000. It is still very much a work in progress, but I am happy to share it with other Nikonian D7000 shooters.

It is a zipped interactive Excel Worksheet (.xls) with a number of tabs that allow the user to set-up and record settings for any of 4 preferred shooting situations, as well as recording the Camera's Defaults and reference links to explanatory pages in the D7000 Users Manual.

Although I believe it is fairly intuitive (at least to me!), it is also quite complicated - as is the D7000 itself - so I would suggest you first click on the "Introduction" tab, which explains how it all works.

If you have any suggestions as to how this can be improved, and/or find any errors, please email them to me on the link which can be found on the "Introduction" tab in the spreadsheet.

I hope this is helpful, but please be aware that any of the "opening settings" in the 4 "banks" in the various tabs of the worksheet are for illustrative purposes only and in no way constitute a recommendation or suggestion as to how you should set up your D7000 - only you can determine the best/preferred settings for your individual shooting situations.

Please click the link below to download the file >>

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12844510/CRO_%20D700O%20Settings%20Worksheet_2a.zip

Enjoy!

Chris

When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.
- Ansel Adams

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

www.throughmeyelens.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4376 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.