Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4369
View in linear mode

Subject: "GPS Port" Previous topic | Next topic
jgamble Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2007Thu 06-Jan-11 06:11 PM
161 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"GPS Port"

New Smyrna Beach, US

My GPS port on my D7000 is 180 degrees different than my D90. My DI-GPS Mini IIS does not fit in the flash shoe, as the cable is too short, being that it mounts in the port upside down. Anybody else see that issue or did the factory mount mine upside down?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

snapsh0t Registered since 30th Aug 2009Fri 07-Jan-11 08:00 PM
157 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: GPS Port"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

No, it's okay. I think Nikon engineers must enjoy a good practical joke as the port was first reversed on the D5000 and continues that way on the D7000. There's a 'T' adapter available on eBay which has a suitable port at each end so you select the direction you mount it on the GPS port according to which camera you have. I don't know if it'll be suitable for your GPS though. Search for D7000 GPS on eBay and you should find it.

Jonathan

jgamble Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2007Fri 07-Jan-11 09:31 PM
161 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: GPS Port"
In response to Reply # 1

New Smyrna Beach, US

Thanks for the helpful info.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

natashachen Registered since 24th Mar 2011Fri 25-Mar-11 07:17 AM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: GPS Port"
In response to Reply # 2

CN

I almost encountered the same problem with my Solmeta N2. The cable for my old D90 is not long enough for D7000 after twisting it 180°. Fortunately, Solmeta made the longer cable for D7000 soon, I got a new cable from them and Solmeta said this cable aslo works with D5000 and D3100. Maybe I will own one of them some day.

But I don't know if Solmeta D7000 cable works with your DI-GPS, maybe have same ports? Hope Nikon will not play with users next time.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4369 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.