Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #425
View in linear mode

Subject: "Does D7000 gps enabled?" Previous topic | Next topic
lisaching Registered since 16th Sep 2010Fri 24-Sep-10 07:36 AM
11 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Does D7000 gps enabled?"

NZ

I saw somewhere said it is gps enabled. But can not find more info. Anyone could help?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Does D7000 gps enabled?
Asgard Administrator
24th Sep 2010
gkaiseril Gold Member
24th Sep 2010
Reply message RE: Does D7000 GPS enabled? - To be Clear ...
sfbillm Silver Member
25th Sep 2010
Reply message RE: Does D7000 GPS enabled? - To be Clear ...
Burness
23rd Jan 2012
Smue Yue
27th Sep 2010
OpticalSerenity
04th Oct 2010
cyanchen
23rd Mar 2011
egmonster Gold Member
23rd Mar 2011
darkroom assistant Silver Member
10th Apr 2011

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Fri 24-Sep-10 08:18 AM
48495 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Does D7000 gps enabled?"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Yes, it is GPS enabled.

Here are the tech specs

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Fri 24-Sep-10 03:00 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Does D7000 gps enabled?"
In response to Reply # 1

Chicago, US

It appears you will need to buy a GP-1 GPS unit or similar device.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

sfbillm Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jun 2004Sat 25-Sep-10 07:31 PM
841 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Does D7000 GPS enabled? - To be Clear ..."
In response to Reply # 0

Santa Fe, US

The D7000 will record GPS data, but it doesn't have a built-in GPS recorder. You need an external device, as another poster said.

If you want real-time GPS data recording, be sure the one you buy will connect to the D7000. The GeoPic II (great unit, but) has a fixed connector card with the Nikon 10-pin plug. The D7000 uses a D90 type of accessory slot to connect the GPS, not a 10-pin port.

SantaFeBill

"My photos were more interesting before I learned the rules."

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Burness Registered since 29th Dec 2011Mon 23-Jan-12 12:11 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Does D7000 GPS enabled? - To be Clear ..."
In response to Reply # 3

GB

>The D7000 will record GPS data, but it doesn't have a
>built-in GPS recorder. You need an external device, as another
>poster said.
>
>If you want real-time GPS data recording, be sure the one you
>buy will connect to the D7000. The GeoPic II (great unit, but)
>has a fixed connector card with the Nikon 10-pin plug. The
>D7000 uses a D90 type of accessory slot to connect the GPS,
>not a 10-pin port.
>

Understood, but is it possible to buy a connector that replaces the ten pin variety. I have just purchased a D7000 and would prefer to use the GPS unit I have with my D200 rather than buy an entirely new unit. This unit is not one of the standard Nikon affairs, but a cheaper and just as accurate version.

Smue Yue Registered since 17th Sep 2010Mon 27-Sep-10 01:39 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Does D7000 gps enabled?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Correct, D7000 is GPS enabled. But remember it has the same type of socket as the D90, so D90 cable is suitable. While not only GP-1 but also Easytagger can work with D7000. You may search here for more info: http://www.easytagger.ca/

OpticalSerenity Registered since 23rd Oct 2006Mon 04-Oct-10 05:43 AM
91 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Does D7000 gps enabled?"
In response to Reply # 4

Atlanta, US

>Correct, D7000 is GPS enabled. But remember it has the same
>type of socket as the D90, so D90 cable is suitable. While not
>only GP-1 but also Easytagger can work with D7000. You may
>search here for more info: http://www.easytagger.ca/

The EasyTagger looks pretty nice, with more features than the GP-1, at a lower cost. Any downside?

cyanchen Registered since 22nd Mar 2011Wed 23-Mar-11 08:44 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Does D7000 gps enabled?"
In response to Reply # 5

CN

Interesting! I just went to nikonians.org shop and found another GPS units-Solmeta, googled Solmeta and got tons of information. They are similiar products! Maybe you could take a glance of it if you are interested to own a GPS, also lower price and more functions than GP-1.

egmonster Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Mar 2011Wed 23-Mar-11 11:04 AM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Does D7000 gps enabled?"
In response to Reply # 6

Egmont, CA

I can not vouch for the usability as i have not even got my camera yet, but geotaging i like the idea of and i found these:

http://www.aokatec.com/

or the:

http://www.foolography.com/products/

they are wireless bluetooth dongles. I think if they work as advertised they would be much more versatile than other options. You can upgrade your bluetooth GPS and keep the same dongle. I already have a qstars 1000XT its very very good even in heavy cover and even in buildings sometimes. Not expensive and can be used for other things. Also when it loses track it just puts the last known location on the stamp. And you don't use the hot shoe or have that big cable hanging around.

IMO

darkroom assistant Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Jun 2007Sun 10-Apr-11 05:18 PM
#8. "RE: Does D7000 gps enabled?"
In response to Reply # 7

GB

I bought a di-GPS Pro for my D300 a few years ago (quite a lot of money but far cheaper than Nikon's) and found it really useful to tag the metadata when chasing the Tour de France cyclists around France - A click on metadata in ViewNX and Google Earth opens to show exactly where I took the shot.

I was disappointed that it didn't fit my D90 because of different sockets but on Wednesday I saw a promotional auction on ebay for a GPS unit of my choice just ending and won it for £56.

I choose the GPS-90 to fit the D90 and find it also fits the D7000 I have just bought, though they didn't say it would. Normal retail is £132 and it works fine for Lat' & Long'. Altitude is a bit variable and not as accurate as the di-GPS but I'm not interested in that anyway.

Link here for more info - 2 units cover many Nikon models.

http://www.red-door.co.uk/pages/productpages/promote-gps-nikon.html

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #425 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.