Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #42
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 forum in the list of forums?" Previous topic | Next topic
Cookies35 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Apr 2007Wed 15-Sep-10 01:53 PM
1957 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 forum in the list of forums?"

NL

I was wondering which forum Nikonians would add this camera to! I guess it's like the D700 — too hard to call.

However, it does seem to be sort of "between" the D90 and D300 level. So could you move the forum in the list so that it appears between those two forums?

I know this sounds truly trivial, but imho it will help people find it, and at the same time help newbies understand a lot about the camera just by where it falls in our list.

My 2¢ anyway …

— LaDonna

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 forum in the list of forums?
KnightPhoto Gold Member
16th Sep 2010
Cookies35 Silver Member
16th Sep 2010
Asgard Administrator
16th Sep 2010
Cookies35 Silver Member
16th Sep 2010
JerryT
17th Sep 2010

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Thu 16-Sep-10 03:10 AM
4216 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 forum in the list of forums?"
In response to Reply # 0

Alberta, CA

I agree LaDonna.

I also think one or two of the forums at the top of the list should be re-ordered further down. Shouldn't D3/D3S/D3X/D2/D1 be at the top of the list? Then D700. Then D1/2/300 etc.

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

Cookies35 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Apr 2007Thu 16-Sep-10 07:47 PM
1957 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 forum in the list of forums?"
In response to Reply # 1

NL

>I also think one or two of the forums at the top of the list
>should be re-ordered further down. Shouldn't D3/D3S/D3X/D2/D1
>be at the top of the list? Then D700. Then D1/2/300 etc.

Hi Steve,

The order of the cameras in the forum list is film, then digital. Within digital it's from easiest/most consumer-like to hardest/most professional. Hence: Coolpix, D40 et al, D5000 et al, D80 et al, D300 et al, etc.

Until recently I think the D3000 was together with the D40 group. How they chose the group the D3000 is now in I don't know, except that those three cameras are siblings in terms of how long they've been around. Maybe that will help newbies with those cameras gravitate to the same forum (people of the same digital-camera-age in the same group together, something like that?).

Anyway, that's why the pro-cameras aren't at the top of the list. I think they've made a good call. People with their first camera are more likely to be scared off if their first screen-full of cameras is the Power Pro models. I know I would. I was a Nikonian for two weeks already before I even realized that actual, real live professional photographers were sharing conversations on this site. I think if I'd known that from Day One I would have assumed I'd come to the wrong place for the likes of me.

My 2¢ anyway.

— LaDonna

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Thu 16-Sep-10 09:27 AM
50272 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 forum in the list of forums?"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Done.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

Cookies35 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Apr 2007Thu 16-Sep-10 07:48 PM
#4. "RE: D7000 forum in the list of forums?"
In response to Reply # 2

NL

>Done.

Thanks Gerold! Speedy Gonzales, as always!

— LaDonna

JerryT Registered since 31st May 2010Fri 17-Sep-10 03:05 AM
615 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7000 forum in the list of forums?"
In response to Reply # 4
Fri 17-Sep-10 06:24 PM by briantilley

US

Edited to correct several references to "D700" rather than "D7000"

I agree with LaDonna's posts. The D70-D80-D90 forum is already a bit crowded and I think the idea of a separate forum for the D7000.

Putting the D7000 in with the other three...I have two 5-year-old D70s and if I decide to post a question about them do the D7000 users really want to see them?

I think the D70-D80-D90 forum has always made sense but the new D7000 needs its own forum.

The only problem I can see are those considering both the D90 and D7000 and wanting advice on which to buy and whether the price points are worth the difference. Where does a post like that go? I'd opt for the D7000 forum if I were posing that question and I think most will.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #42 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.