Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4176
View in linear mode

Subject: "Info screen on switch on" Previous topic | Next topic
Ginsbury Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2008Mon 03-Jan-11 12:00 PM
337 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Info screen on switch on"

Netanya, IL

I've just started playing with my new toy: a D7000. I notice that, whenever I turn the camera on, the rear LCD screen lights up with the "info" screen.
Is this normal or have I already managed to screw up a setting somewhere? And, if the latter, what do I have to do to change back to prevent the LCD switch on.
My spare battery will not be here for a couple of weeks so I am most concerned to save all power possible with two full-day shoots coming up at the end of this week.
MTIAs for any assistance.
Nathan

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Ginsbury Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2008Mon 03-Jan-11 12:27 PM
337 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Info screen on switch on"
In response to Reply # 0

Netanya, IL

Found it, thanks. Menu f1

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Mon 03-Jan-11 02:00 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Info screen on switch on"
In response to Reply # 0

US

>My spare battery will not be here for a couple of weeks so I
>am most concerned to save all power possible with two full-day
>shoots coming up at the end of this week.

Glad you found the right MENU option. BTW, I'm finding my D7000 baterry wants to last a LONG time (2,000+ shots before needing a charge). Hope you have the same experience.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

Ginsbury Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2008Tue 04-Jan-11 02:25 PM
#3. "RE: Info screen on switch on"
In response to Reply # 2

Netanya, IL

Wow - 2,000+ shots from a single battery charge! I suppose it also depends on how one uses the camera. Flash, for example, would run down the battery and, probably, continuously focussing without actually pressing the shutter.
I have given myself some peace of mind and purchased a thingy - they call it a 12V to 230V inverter - for charging household appliances, mobile phones, camera batteries, etc., using the car cigar lighter outlet. I'll find out this weekend how good it is on a two-day photo shoot.
BR
Nathan

Ginsbury Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2008Wed 12-Jan-11 06:16 AM
#4. "RE: Info screen on switch on"
In response to Reply # 3

Netanya, IL

Post-shoot report:
Assuming the percentages shown by the camera as to the state of the battery are accurate, I obtained 1,200 - 1,900 shots per full battery charge, factored up from four "sessions". In retrospect, I could have survived without the inverter but was very glad to have and use it - for the sake of my peace of mind.
Nathan

Nathan
My pix: www.nr-ginsbury.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4176 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.