Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4037
View in linear mode

Subject: "HELP!!! I somehow shut off my auto focus!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
Jayhawk1125 Registered since 22nd Dec 2010Fri 31-Dec-10 02:41 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"HELP!!! I somehow shut off my auto focus!!!"

US

i dont know what i did, but i have to press the AE-L AF-L button to focus each and every time!!! what did i do and how do i fix it to go back to auto focusing?!?!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Jayhawk1125 Registered since 22nd Dec 2010Fri 31-Dec-10 02:52 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: HELP!!! I somehow shut off my auto focus!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

ok, i figured it out, whew!!! i had to set it to lock. i some how assigned the button, so it wouldnt auto focus on its own.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 31-Dec-10 05:41 AM
25585 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: HELP!!! I somehow shut off my auto focus!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Hi Jason,

Welcome to Nikonians!
Glad you got the problem solved.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

jmiguez Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2010Sat 01-Jan-11 02:26 PM
465 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: HELP!!! I somehow shut off my auto focus!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Lafayette, US

That sounds like something I would do. LOL

I once managed to turn on bracketing by accident. I couldn't figure out why one picture was dark, one light, and on mormal. I felt like Goldilocks.

The good Nikonians straightened me out.

John

John

My Pictures may be seen here: http://jmiguez.smugmug.com/

wingdo Registered since 26th Aug 2007Tue 04-Jan-11 05:43 PM
360 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: HELP!!! I somehow shut off my auto focus!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Chicago, US

Same exact thing happened to me John. I kept looking at the pictures thinking wow good one, dark one, light one, good one, dark one, light one ......... I cannot remember how much time passed before my brain said wow, the exposure keeps fliping around like it was still bracketing. For whatever reason I thought bracketing would turn itself off once the camera was powered off. My brain went d'oh, turned bracketing off and viola, no more "issues with my D90".

Doug
D300s | MB-D10 | SB-700

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #4037 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.