Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #40
View in linear mode

Subject: "I must have me a Nikon D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
kricha6431 Registered since 15th Aug 2010Wed 15-Sep-10 06:11 AM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"I must have me a Nikon D7000"

US

I just Read the Press Release on the Nikon D7000, and I must say, that is the most interesting Camera I have seen from Nikon in a long time, NO IF'S AND/OR BUTT'S ABOUT IT!
I previously had a D90, and the D7000 spanks the d90's as* as far as specs go. But as far as actuall performance, we'll have to see about that one! Oh, and it's only slightly heavier then th d90. I will get the following:
Nikon D7000
Nikon 16-85mm Lens
Tokina 11-16mm Lens
maybe a couple of primes
Extra Nikon Battery
Nikon Battery Grip
Let me know what you guys think, discussions anyone?

Photography: you either have it in you to handle the demands Phography presents you everday or get out

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: I must have me a Nikon D7000
Cookies35 Silver Member
15th Sep 2010
kricha6431
15th Sep 2010
Cookies35 Silver Member
15th Sep 2010
kricha6431
15th Sep 2010
merlin87 Silver Member
15th Sep 2010
KnightPhoto Gold Member
15th Sep 2010
km6xz Moderator
16th Sep 2010
NDGraham Silver Member
20th Sep 2010
NDGraham Silver Member
20th Sep 2010
KnightPhoto Gold Member
22nd Sep 2010
animagix
16th Sep 2010

Cookies35 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Apr 2007Wed 15-Sep-10 01:40 PM
1954 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: I must have me a Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

NL

According to your profile you already have a D300s. What do you want a D7000 for — replace or join your D300s?

— LaDonna

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

kricha6431 Registered since 15th Aug 2010Wed 15-Sep-10 03:13 PM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: I must have me a Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 1

US

umm no, i do not have a d300s, I wish I did

Photography: you either have it in you to handle the demands Phography presents you everday or get out

Cookies35 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Apr 2007Wed 15-Sep-10 06:23 PM
1954 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: I must have me a Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 3

NL

>I do not have a d300s, I wish I did

How much did you use your D90, what did you use it for, and what happened to it?

— LaDonna

kricha6431 Registered since 15th Aug 2010Wed 15-Sep-10 08:12 PM
#6. "RE: I must have me a Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 4
Wed 15-Sep-10 08:13 PM by kricha6431

US

Sad story really, I had been working with my step-father with the Business he had for 19 years, and i just got me enough set aside to get me a d90 and about two months later my step-father told me he was closing up the Business, and so couldn't keep the d90 cause it had been charged to credit card.
and so idscussed it with the Company I bought it from (One Call) and they agreed to take it back, minus restocking fee, and shipping.
To this Day, I would have been glad to suffer a Bad credit rap then I had of sending it back, i wanted it that bad, bad enough to suffer bad credit.

merlin87 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Aug 2009Wed 15-Sep-10 02:45 PM
100 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: I must have me a Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Union Grove, US

Well, I WASN'T in the market for a new body...
--

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Wed 15-Sep-10 07:07 PM
4087 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: I must have me a Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 2

Alberta, CA

I pre-ordered a month ago. Just checked with my dealer at lunch time to make sure I am #1 on their pre-order list AND YES I AM

I am looking for the D7000 to be:
- attached permananetly to my 500VR as my main birding camera.
- My D300 will back one step down in the kit hierarchy to a new role in my kit, namely to be semi-permanently attached to the 70-200 (plus TCs) for mammalian wildlife and scenics we encounter when out birding. My D700 currently performs this role but see below. I love the 70-200 focal range on a DX camera (plus TCs when desired). May get the TC20E iii at some point, but my initial plan is TC17E, works VERY well as far as I'm concerned.
- I would prefer that AF Fine tune is a feature on the D7000. Still trying to confirm whether this feature exists or not or this cam? I find my 500VR depth of field to be so freaking narrow that AF Fine tune allows me to very finely balance how much of the bird in front of my focus point and behind my focus point is crystal sharp. If worse comes to worse and there is no AF fine tune, and I encounter any issues, I'll send my D7000 and 500VR in for a matched tuning exercise by Nikon.
- My D700 can then keep the 24-70 semi-permanently mounted for scenics, people, and especially handheld HDR.
- video video video - yeah! My first DSLR with video. Will work this camera very hard in Theatre (and general family clips too). Gonna get me a couple mics, one shotgun for sure (I don't think these are stereo) to eliminate camera and ambient noise from the crowd from within which I video and probably a Stereo Video Rode mic too.
- Need some SD cards. Darn it, was hoping 1 CF/1 SD but I'll live with it.
- I'll still get a D400 when that comes next year (and will keep the D7000 but it might get demoted at that time to the 70-200 role).
- Probably have to get the grip by midwinter for the -20 to -35C shooting that I do. Look up Zama City on Google maps, planning a trip there for mid-January!
- BIGGEST thing I will be paying attention to is how good is ISO1600. This is vital/critical to my plans for this camera. Can I count on it being as good as the D300 at ISO 800, we'll see!

BTW my dealer here in Canada says probably LATE October delivery. Bargain price folks assuming cam lives up to its promise. Nikon is going to sell a LOT of these.

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Thu 16-Sep-10 01:07 AM
3262 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: I must have me a Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 5

St Petersburg, RU

Yes, AF fine tuning is included.
An ISO value series of photos of the same scene have been posted on DPR and 1600 will not be a problem. In fact it has the same noise level as a D700 which quite a feat for DX photo site size.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

NDGraham Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2007Mon 20-Sep-10 11:19 PM
605 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: I must have me a Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 5
Mon 20-Sep-10 11:22 PM by NDGraham

Dorval (Montreal), CA

Yessirree this is going to be one wicked addition to our arsenals of NAS capitulations!
Neill
Proud to be a Montreal Nikonian
http://picasaweb.google.com/NeillDGraham

NDGraham Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2007Mon 20-Sep-10 11:23 PM
605 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: I must have me a Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 5

Dorval (Montreal), CA

Yo SteveK!
I'm with you! What a combo that 500 will be with the D7000! Both for stills and video clips! That full autofocus in video mode is a real improvement. As for tcs, I just got the TC20E III for my D300/70-200VR and it is really good! I am very pleased with this tc. I'm wondering what it would do for your 500 on the D7000! Please let us know if you try it.
October must seem like a long way off for you!

Neill
Proud to be a Montreal Nikonian
http://picasaweb.google.com/NeillDGraham

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Wed 22-Sep-10 02:02 PM
4087 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: I must have me a Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 10

Alberta, CA

Hi Neill,

Yes I'm really looking forward to the D7000! One of the things I am looking forward to is restoring my 70-200 to usage on a DX body plus with TCs. I have the VR 1 version, it sounds like you do too and it is working well with the TC20E iii?

And yes looking forward to video - both wildlife and my daughters theatre and dance.

I'm trying not to get too excited, next up should be a series of reviews and preview and hopefully some good tests with comparisons! Then I might get excited

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

animagix Registered since 15th Jun 2007Thu 16-Sep-10 07:21 PM
261 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#8. "RE: I must have me a Nikon D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Brooklyn, US

This is going to be a great wildlife camera! I wanted to get the d300 for the crop but this has even more pixels!

This is sort of like the answer to canon's 7D, targeting wildlife amateurs/professionals

Designer and Photographer
http://fotoartbyme.blogspot.com
D7K and D700
Zeiss 100mm f2 Makro
Nikon 10.5 2.8 fisheye, 24 1.4G, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 VR II, 50 1.4G, 85 1.4G, TC20e III

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #40 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.