Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3967
View in linear mode

Subject: "Problems upgrading D7000 firmware using Mac?" Previous topic | Next topic
tselem Registered since 21st Nov 2006Thu 30-Dec-10 01:52 AM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Problems upgrading D7000 firmware using Mac?"
Thu 30-Dec-10 01:52 AM by tselem

US

I'm trying to upgrade my new D7000 firmware using my Mac, which has the latest version of OS X.

The instructions say move the firmware.bin file to the SD card, then put the card into the camera, then use the menu settings to "firmware". But after I do all that, I'm not getting the option tin the camera to upgrade the firmware.

Anybody else with this problem?

One vague thing in the instructions is that the SD card should be formatted before starting out. Does that mean formatted in the camera or formatted by the Mac's disk image program. I actually tried both (it probably means format in the Nikon camera) and neither did the job.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009Thu 30-Dec-10 02:22 AM
1966 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Problems upgrading D7000 firmware using Mac?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

This is usually a sign that you copied the file to a directory on the card and not the root.

Are you sure you are placing the bin file in the root of the card?

Pete

tselem Registered since 21st Nov 2006Thu 30-Dec-10 02:27 AM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Problems upgrading D7000 firmware using Mac?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

I think you are right. I was having trouble finding the root. Do I format the SD card in the Nikon camera, then try to look for the root when I put the SD card into my Mac computer? Thanks.

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009Thu 30-Dec-10 02:56 AM
1966 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Problems upgrading D7000 firmware using Mac?"
In response to Reply # 2

US

I use a PC system not a Mac, but the root is basically the drive letter.

Any folders are listed in a tree structure under the drive letter. So in Windows Explore I would click the drive letter and drag the file to the file display window.

Pete

photobugjp Gold Member Nikonian since 14th Mar 2003Thu 30-Dec-10 04:09 AM
23 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Problems upgrading D7000 firmware using Mac?"
In response to Reply # 3

Ito, JP

Just drag the Nikon folder onto the SD icon. That puts it on the root of the SD card.

Jack

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
visit my web page; jgb-imaging.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3967 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.