Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3956
View in linear mode

Subject: "Headed to Mexico tomorrow" Previous topic | Next topic
wkramer Registered since 03rd Dec 2010Wed 29-Dec-10 09:45 PM
108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Headed to Mexico tomorrow"

Port Washington/New York, US

I'm headed to my home in Cuernavaca, Mexico tomorrow for the next three weeks. My new body, lens and tripod/monopod will be getting a workout. Will be visiting the pyramids, Oxaca, Taxco (and the caves outside the Taxco). I'll be driving so will get to photograph desert, mountains etc..

I'm already finding that getting great pictures with the D7000 and great glass are resulting in more keepers then with my D80 and lesser glass.

I'll start posting to my gallery with the trip in progress.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberThu 30-Dec-10 07:45 AM
34300 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Headed to Mexico tomorrow"
In response to Reply # 0

San Pedro Garza García, MX

Looking forward to your travel report and images.
Try not to drive at night.

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Thu 30-Dec-10 04:19 PM
4215 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Headed to Mexico tomorrow"
In response to Reply # 0

Alberta, CA

Sounds great and off the beaten track really has me curious. I once hiked the spine of the Pacific Coast mountains (at El Triunfo) in search of (successfully) Horned Guan. This was Chiapas and Oaxaca. Super place!

I also would love to here any tips about driving (me dream someday ).

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3956 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.