Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3886
View in linear mode

Subject: "MB-D11 mounting plate" Previous topic | Next topic
poc Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2008Tue 28-Dec-10 02:54 PM
265 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"MB-D11 mounting plate"

Glenview, US

Hello All,
I am considering this battery pack to D7th. Question is: Will it accept a standard mounting plate or is the configuration of the pack substantially different from the camera itself?

BTW, I would assume that it CAN take some sort of plate. I have not seen the bottom of this unit, so it is hard to tell.

Thank you for any info.

POC

http://cabreraphoto.smugmug.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Tue 28-Dec-10 03:09 PM
28679 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: MB-D11 mounting plate"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

A tripod plate tailored to fit the D7000 itself will not fit the camera with the MB-D11 mounted

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

gdhawkins Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2006Thu 30-Dec-10 08:33 PM
34 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: MB-D11 mounting plate"
In response to Reply # 0

Reading, GB

I got both the D7K and MB-D11 for Christmas. When the battery pack is attached the base is identical to the camera so it should take any standard mounting plate.

Geoff

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Thu 30-Dec-10 09:01 PM
28679 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: MB-D11 mounting plate"
In response to Reply # 2

Paignton, GB

The form factor of the bottom of the MB-D11 is not exactly the same as that of the bottom of the D7000. In particular, the front-to-back depth and the curvature of the edges is quite different.

A plate that is specifically tailored to the D7000 (like most of those from Kirk, RRS, etc) isn't going to fit the MB-D11 correctly. Kirk certainly offer two different plates - the PZ-141 for the D7000 and the PZ-143 for the D7000 with MB-D11.

A more generic plate might work on both, but would be less secure.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3886 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.