Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3837
View in linear mode

Subject: "D200 similarity" Previous topic | Next topic
yelcab Registered since 30th Nov 2006Sun 26-Dec-10 04:32 PM
911 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D200 similarity"

San carlos, US

Hi,

I have a D200 with a grip now that I have grown very used to. If I switch to a D7000, how much adjustment am I expected to do? Size, menus, controls, flash control, grip?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JosephK Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Sun 26-Dec-10 07:58 PM
3706 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D200 similarity"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, WA, US

Speaking in overly broad generalizations....

The D7000 is smaller, takes a different grip, has slightly fewer external buttons. The menus should be similar but not the same; ditto for the flash control.

Given what the D7000 is, I cannot wait to see what the D400 will be!

---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D200, 17-55mm f/2.8 DX, 70-200mm f/2.8 VR, 50mm f/1.4 D
18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX, 70-300mm f/4-5.6 ED, D70S

epicdream Silver Member Charter MemberSun 26-Dec-10 08:14 PM
189 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D200 similarity"
In response to Reply # 0

Cambridge, GB

I came from a D200 and grip. As already said, the D7K is smaller in the hand, I have big hands and prefer the D200 in that respect.
The menu layout on the D7K is very similar to the D200, it all felt like second nature to me.
I've had the D7000 for a couple of days now and I really am liking it a lot.

Neill

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Mon 27-Dec-10 01:15 PM
2117 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D200 similarity"
In response to Reply # 2

US

I came fom a D200 and grip as well...

Without the battery grip, the D7000 feels as solid as the D200, but lighter. This means, to me, it handles better without a grip (in my hands) than the D200 without a grip. I think the D200, without a grip, was easier to lose hold of...

I've found the D7000 operation VERY similar to the D200. I think a lot depends on what you use as your go-to settings.

The ISO button is easily accessed on the back panel of the D7000 instead of being on the top left. The U1/U2 settings on the top left dial D7000 are a real step forward.

I now have the D7000 plus grip. It feels 99% like my old D200, though, again, I think the D7000 ergonomics are nicer.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3837 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.