Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3774
View in linear mode

Subject: "What a Great Camera!" Previous topic | Next topic
beemerman2k Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2006Fri 24-Dec-10 04:26 AM
340 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"What a Great Camera!"

Ellington, US

OK, just got my D7K tonight, and it took forever for the battery to charge. I have only taken about 15 pictures so far, but I am blown away by this thing! OMG.

Now I better understand all the issues about focus accuracy and so on. The images this thing produces are so amazingly sharp and detailed that the slightest most minuscule misalignment is clearly visible!

I am flat out amazed at the pictures this thing produces. I took a portrait of my wife at 25,600 just to see if I could clean up the noise in Lightroom 3.3. Not a bad job Lightroom 3 did with the file. No, it's not fit for sale, but it is more than fit for the personal collection or the family web site. With some attention to detail, the image could be cleaned up so well that one would never guess that it was taken at such a high ISO.

In any case, add me to the long and growing list of people who are absolutely floored by this device. O M G!!

Beemerman2k
2000 BMW R1100RT Motorcycle
Nikon D7100
Nikon D70s w/ SB600
Nikon N70 w/ SB28

Visit
My photo gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 24-Dec-10 04:43 AM
25564 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: What a Great Camera!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Jim,

Congratulations on your new D7000.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

beemerman2k Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2006Fri 24-Dec-10 04:58 AM
340 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: What a Great Camera!"
In response to Reply # 1

Ellington, US

Why thank you, MEMcD! I intend to fully enjoy it.

I should be in bed as I have to go to work in the morning, but the thought just occurred to me that I feel no compulsion to turn up the sharpening of my in-camera processing at all. Maybe it's just that I'm coming from a D70s, so I am easily impressed , but these shots are plenty sharp as is -- certainly sharper than anything I have ever been able to get out of their predecessor.

For tonight, I am using my 35mm Nikon F1.8, but tomorrow I'll put my Tamron 17-50 F2.8 on it and see what the results look like in broad daylight. One thing for sure, night time is no longer off limits for fast shutter speed photography!

Beemerman2k
2000 BMW R1100RT Motorcycle
Nikon D7100
Nikon D70s w/ SB600
Nikon N70 w/ SB28

Visit
My photo gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3774 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.