Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3731
View in linear mode

Subject: "Dedicated Tutorial Website for D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
b1234s Registered since 05th Dec 2010Wed 22-Dec-10 10:12 PM
97 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Dedicated Tutorial Website for D7000"

Winter Garden, US

Nikon has a dedicated tutorial website for the D7000 that covers all aspects for operating the camera. I would think that this may be more helpful than the manual as it contains videos.
I have not gone through all the items yet but it does give you an index and you can just watch those items of interest. It is located at:

http://www.nikondigitutor.com/eng/d7000/index.html

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Dedicated Tutorial Website for D7000
billD80 Silver Member
23rd Dec 2010
jckingca Silver Member
23rd Dec 2010
RRRoger Silver Member
26th Dec 2010
briantilley Moderator
26th Dec 2010
Reply message RE: Third Party Tutorial Websites for D7000
BillboTex
24th Dec 2010

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Thu 23-Dec-10 01:42 AM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Dedicated Tutorial Website for D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

It's pretty good! I haven't opened the manual yet, so I don't really understand all of the nuances of the AF modes... But I'm really waiting for the aftermarket book to better explain them, and the advantages of each.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

jckingca Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Dec 2010Thu 23-Dec-10 09:45 PM
137 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Dedicated Tutorial Website for D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

CA

Thanks for the link. The material is well presented and it's a good addition to the manual.

One small thing I noticed was that the video on Live View shows the camera on a tripod and the lens VR switch is ON. The manual recommends that VR be turned OFF when using a tripod and I think that is correct.

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberSun 26-Dec-10 01:47 PM
3136 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Dedicated Tutorial Website for D7000"
In response to Reply # 2

Monterey Bay, US

>Thanks for the link. The material is well presented and it's
>a good addition to the manual.
>
>One small thing I noticed was that the video on Live View
>shows the camera on a tripod and the lens VR switch is ON. The
>manual recommends that VR be turned OFF when using a tripod
>and I think that is correct.

Depends on the lens.
Many VR lens can be used on a TriPod starting with the 200-400.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Sun 26-Dec-10 02:25 PM
28676 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Dedicated Tutorial Website for D7000"
In response to Reply # 4

Paignton, GB

>Depends on the lens.

Correct!

>Many VR lens can be used on a TriPod starting with the 200-400.

Depends what you mean by "starting with". The following current lenses have the so-called "Tripod Mode" VR:

200/2
300/2.8
400/2.8
200-400/4
500/4
600/4

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

BillboTex Registered since 23rd Nov 2010Fri 24-Dec-10 06:04 PM
123 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Third Party Tutorial Websites for D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Houston, US

The Nikon video tutorials are great! Does anyone know of any "third party" sites with good video tutorials for the D7000?

And I guess its too early for recommendations on best books/DVDs?

TIA

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3731 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.