Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3596
View in linear mode

Subject: "Where to connect remote" Previous topic | Next topic
B LaRue Registered since 04th Nov 2010Mon 20-Dec-10 10:14 PM
219 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Where to connect remote"

US

I guess I'm a bit lost, here. I have the Phottix Cleon 11 N10 remote, supposedly for the D7000, but can't figure out where to plug it into the camera. I've studied the illustrations in the book, and opened every cover I could find, but must be overlooking something.

On the diagram, I've been looking around numbers 16, 17, & 18, but nothing seems to fit my connector. I have one end of the cord plugged into the receiver, and the other end of the cord is supposed to fit into a connection on the camera, but it sure has me stumped unless Phottix sent me the wrong cord.

If someone can tell me where it is "supposed" to plug into the camera, then I can figure out pretty quick whether it's the wrong cord for my D7000.
Thanks,

Betty

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Where to connect remote
me_two Silver Member
20th Dec 2010
radwar
20th Dec 2010
radwar
20th Dec 2010
B LaRue
21st Dec 2010
wkramer
21st Dec 2010
donfaulk Silver Member
21st Dec 2010
B LaRue
21st Dec 2010
donfaulk Silver Member
22nd Dec 2010
B LaRue
22nd Dec 2010

me_two Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Oct 2004Mon 20-Dec-10 10:38 PM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Where to connect remote"
In response to Reply # 0

Brisbane, AU

Hi Betty
Lookig at the manual it is Number 17 (page3)

Mark

radwar Registered since 28th Feb 2009Mon 20-Dec-10 11:03 PM
301 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Where to connect remote"
In response to Reply # 0

Cupertino, US

I have not used it, but from the cable I see online, it looks like it goes into the GPS connector on the D7000

radwar Registered since 28th Feb 2009Mon 20-Dec-10 11:05 PM
301 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Where to connect remote"
In response to Reply # 2

Cupertino, US

Checkout this:

http://shashinki.com/shop/phottix-cleon-wireless-remote-nikon-digital-camera-nikon-mcdc2-compatible-p-2890.html

The connector surely looks like a GPS connector.

B LaRue Registered since 04th Nov 2010Tue 21-Dec-10 01:48 PM
219 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Where to connect remote"
In response to Reply # 3

US

With your help, I zeroed in on the proper place. My problem was orienting the connection to the slot, I was trying it backwards. I finally turned it around and worked it a bit (tight fit) and it went in. I'm always hesitant trying to force something, for fear if it is the wrong place, I'll ruin the pins.

I'm a happy camper now. You guys are great.

Betty

wkramer Registered since 03rd Dec 2010Tue 21-Dec-10 08:27 PM
108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Where to connect remote"
In response to Reply # 4

Port Washington/New York, US

I bought the ML-L3 IR remote for less then $15.00. I try to use connections on any camera as infrequently as possible. One bent connector and a connection can be damaged.

donfaulk Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Aug 2009Tue 21-Dec-10 09:56 PM
75 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Where to connect remote"
In response to Reply # 5

Madison, US

Ahh! Another chronic worrier just like yours truly. I hate having to flip from AF to manual for fear that the switch will wear out - finally deciding if it has to be done, I'll flip the one on the lens. I can better bear its return to Nikon than the body.

Don F.

B LaRue Registered since 04th Nov 2010Tue 21-Dec-10 11:26 PM
#7. "RE: Where to connect remote"
In response to Reply # 6

US

Well, OK. You've got me truly scared, now. I'll leave the darned thing plugged in

donfaulk Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Aug 2009Wed 22-Dec-10 02:42 AM
75 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Where to connect remote"
In response to Reply # 7

Madison, US

Bettye...

Please don't pay too much heed to what William and I said. You can miss out on a lot of fun by being afraid to use the gear the way it was intended. I, for one, have missed a lot of pictures by being reluctant to swap out lenses for fear of contaminating the sensor, etc. A sensor can always be cleaned and a connector repaired. But those photo opportunities I missed are probably gone for good.

Go ahead and enjoy that new camera!

Don F.

B LaRue Registered since 04th Nov 2010Wed 22-Dec-10 03:07 AM
#9. "RE: Where to connect remote"
In response to Reply # 8

US

I definitely am enjoying this camera, Don. I can't wait for the holidays to be over when I'll have the time to flex the D7000's muscles.

Betty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3596 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.