Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3441
View in linear mode

Subject: "Preaching to the converted" Previous topic | Next topic
Sventek Registered since 23rd Dec 2007Fri 17-Dec-10 03:11 PM
103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Preaching to the converted"
Fri 17-Dec-10 03:12 PM by Sventek

Perth, AU

Well, that's how it feels. My apologies for yet another "I'm so happy with my D7000" post. I bought mine today, charged the battery, and charged out the door to a local botanic garden. As a fan of HDR, the day just had to include some of those. These are both HDR images, shot at a fixed ISO 800 - mainly because I just wanted to see how the noise went and whether I could get away with using that ISO level for most of the day. The camera succeeded admirably, IMHO.

http://sventekoz.smugmug.com/Other/For-Critique/hdr-DSC0114DxO/1129204162_aCJpz-L.jpg

http://sventekoz.smugmug.com/Other/For-Critique/hdr-DSC0108DxO/1129231784_eLvNn-XL.jpg

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Preaching to the converted
MEMcD Moderator
17th Dec 2010
wkramer
17th Dec 2010
Sventek
17th Dec 2010
wkramer
17th Dec 2010
JPJ Silver Member
18th Dec 2010
Sventek
18th Dec 2010

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 17-Dec-10 10:13 PM
25572 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Preaching to the converted"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi John,

Congratulations on your new D7000.
Nice images.
Thanks for sharing.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

wkramer Registered since 03rd Dec 2010Fri 17-Dec-10 11:12 PM
108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Preaching to the converted"
In response to Reply # 1

Port Washington/New York, US

What did you use to process the photos. I can see a little ghosting on some of the stems in the first picture. Great shots.

Sventek Registered since 23rd Dec 2007Fri 17-Dec-10 11:46 PM
103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Preaching to the converted"
In response to Reply # 2

Perth, AU

>What did you use to process the photos. I can see a little
>ghosting on some of the stems in the first picture. Great
>shots.

I used a new program called HDR Express, but I'll have a go with my old faithful Photomatix and see what I can do about the ghosting. Photomatix always does a better job than the other third-party programs at that.

wkramer Registered since 03rd Dec 2010Fri 17-Dec-10 11:49 PM
108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Preaching to the converted"
In response to Reply # 3

Port Washington/New York, US

I've just started playing with HDR and have had amazing results using Photoshop CS5 to eliminate the ghosting.

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009Sat 18-Dec-10 12:12 AM
1327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Preaching to the converted"
In response to Reply # 3

Toronto, CA

This is a bit off topic, but try Nik Software's new HDR Efex. I am a convert.

Jason

Sventek Registered since 23rd Dec 2007Sat 18-Dec-10 03:11 AM
#6. "RE: Preaching to the converted"
In response to Reply # 5

Perth, AU

>This is a bit off topic, but try Nik Software's new HDR Efex.
> I am a convert.
>
>Jason

I actually own that, along with Photomatix, HDR Fusion, HDR Express, Dynamic Photo HDR, and I'm also using the beta of Oloneo. I find that they all do things differently (of course), but to be honest I've been a little disappointed with Nik's effort. I love their other work, but that one needs to be V1.5 or V2 as quickly as possible IMHO. I especially hope they give us some more control over the dirty skies it tends to generate and that are challenging to overcome.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3441 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.